This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
- You want an easily foldable treadmill
- You need a powerful motor which accommodates intense training
- You want commercial-grade treadmill components
- You want the option to turn cushioning on and off
- You want modern, luxury extras such as a large HD touch screen to view workout videos
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has earned a top spot in customer reviews as a folding treadmill that suits both runners and walkers. It easily earns one of our best buy awards for the best treadmills under $2,500 on the market, scoring high for its construction and programming alike. It’s nearly as powerful as the Commercial 2950, and now boasts a 14-inch HD touch screen for you to enjoy iFit Coach workouts, Google Maps Street View trails, and personal trainer routines in full view and clarity.
Like most iFit-enabled treadmills, the new Commercial 2450 has power incline for the track which helps stoke your metabolism and target-tone your muscles. What’s more, it helps you make the most of iFit Coach virtual outdoor training. As your program shows an uphill path, for example, your treadmill will tilt to match. Additionally the Commercial 2450 has power decline, which is a rare feature in the treadmill industry. Other highlights for the new NordicTrack 2450 include Bluetooth heart rate monitoring capability and Bluetooth audio connectivity to help keep you entertained through your workouts.
As for the warranty, the Commercial 2450 comes with 10 years of coverage on the frame, 2 years on parts (including motor and electronics) and 1 year on labor. In addition, factory-direct NordicTrack treadmills also come with 30-day money back guarantees.
What We Like:
- Premium Touch screen: A premium 14-inch HD touch screen is the centerpiece of the Commercial 2450 console, allowing you to enjoy your iFit workout programs in full view and clarity.
- 50 Preset Workouts: The new Commercial 2450 has 50 on-board workouts, categorized to help you choose programs focused on speed training, interval training, calorie burn, or heart rate.
- iFit Coach Workouts: The 14-inch smart touch screen helps you get the most out of your free 1-year iFit membership by allowing you to download personalized workout programs anytime. With a home WiFi connection you can enjoy unlimited customized workout routines, from immersive Google Maps trails to interactive HD video workouts designed and led by world-class personal trainers.
- High-End Motor: The 2019 Commercial 2450 treadmill has a 4.0 CHP DurX Commercial Plus motor. This high quality drive is self-cooling to allow intense training, and it’s low-vibration for quiet operation. What’s more, it can support a top speed of 12 mph.
- Incline and Decline: The NordicTrack 2450 has a slope range of -3 to +15%. This allows you to benefit from treadmill incline training, which can dramatically improve your metabolism and help to target-tone your muscles. The incline/decline is especially fun to use with iFit Coach Google Maps workouts that copy topography. You can feel the rise and fall of the terrain you are watching, so it really brings your workouts to life.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The 2450 allows you to track your heart rate with wireless and grip monitoring. A Bluetooth wireless telemetry system with a chest strap can be used (although it’s not included and must be purchased separately); here, the strap can send a continuous reading to the display, so it’s a convenient tool for helping you stay in the optimal training zone. You can even use the monitor with pulse-controlled workouts; these adjust the treadmill’s speed and incline to help you maintain a specified heart rate as you train. You can also get a heart rate reading by squeezing sensors on the handlebars.
- Bluetooth Audio: The Commercial 2450 has a set of 3-inch digitally amplified speakers. As of 2018, NordicTrack switched the Commercial 2450 from wired audio player connection to having the ability to link up via bluetooth.
- Tread Belt: The 2450 offers a spacious 22-inch x 60-inch workout surface, and to minimize the need for maintenance, the belt is two-ply and stretch-resistant, running over 2.5-inch rollers.
- On/Off Cushioning: With competitive runners in mind, NordicTrack equips the Commercial 2450 with an on/off cushioning system which they call Runners Flex™ Cushioning. When the deck suspension is activated, the jolt of exercise is reduced by about 30%, allowing you to soften impact on your joints. In “road” mode the impact is more like what you experience on asphalt.
- Sound-Absorbing Deck: This high-end treadmill has WhisperQuiet™ deck technology which absorbs enough sound from your footfall to make the machine home-friendly.
- Fans and Storage Trays: Keep comfortable during workouts with the help of dual AutoBreeze™ workout fans that can automatically adjust to your workout pace or be controlled manually. There’s also an integrated tray underneath the console screen to keep your water bottle and phone handy.
- SpaceSaver Design: All NordicTrack treadmills in the Commercial Series are foldable with the help of EasyLift™ Assist which makes it easy to fold up your machine without heavy lifting and help you maximize your living space. Unfolded, the Commercial 2450 measures 81.2 inches long, 39.2 inches wide, and 69.9 inches high.
- High Capacity: This sturdy cardio trainer has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81.2" L x 39.2" W x 69.9" H|
- Assembly: NordicTrack Commercial treadmills aren’t easy to set up and at least two people are needed for safe moving and assembly. Assembly service is available in many locations, and for $249 you can get NordicTrack’s premier delivery option which includes in-home delivery to the room of your choice and assembly of the machine.
- Warranty: With only 2 years of warranty on parts and electronics, the warranty on the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is a bit on the light side compared to its competition.
See Our Video Review of the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 (2016 model)
A long-time favorite of customers and expert reviewers alike, the Commercial 2450 treadmill remains one of our best buys for treadmills under $2,500 on the market. This cardio trainer has always been above average in terms of performance and flash, and the newest version is better than ever, offering Bluetooth audio so you can easily stream your favorite workout playlists as you train.
When on sale, the new NordicTrack Commercial 2450 offers top value in terms of performance, electronics and overall quality.