This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
- You want an easily foldable treadmill
- You need a powerful motor which accommodates intense training
- You want commercial-grade treadmill components
- You want the option to turn cushioning on and off
- You want modern, luxury extras such as a large HD touch screen to view workout videos
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has earned a top spot in customer reviews as a folding treadmill that suits both runners and walkers. It easily earns one of our best buy awards for the best treadmills under $2,500 on the market, scoring high for its construction and programming alike. It’s nearly as powerful as the Commercial 2950, and from a tech standpoint is nearly identical. Like the rest of the model range, it received a host of updates for 2021, including new drivers for incline/decline, dual-band WiFi connectivity, improved graphics processing for its HD touchscreen, and more.
Like most iFit-enabled treadmills, the new Commercial 2450 has power incline for the track which helps stoke your metabolism and target-tone your muscles. What’s more, it helps you make the most of iFit Coach virtual outdoor training. As your program shows an uphill path, for example, your treadmill will tilt to match. Additionally the Commercial 2450 has power decline, which is a rare feature in the treadmill industry. Other highlights for the new NordicTrack 2450 include Bluetooth heart rate monitoring capability and Bluetooth audio connectivity to help keep you entertained through your workouts.
As for the warranty, the Commercial 2450 comes with 10 years of coverage on the frame, 2 years on parts (including motor and electronics) and 1 year on labor. In addition, factory-direct NordicTrack treadmills also come with 30-day money back guarantees.
What We Like:
- Premium Touch screen: A premium 14-inch HD touch screen is the centerpiece of the Commercial 2450 console, allowing you to enjoy your iFit workout programs in full view and clarity. Updated for 2021, its updated graphics processing ensures a clean and crisp HD video feed during your workouts. Customers should note that because of the advancements in the screen size, there is no affixed tablet holder on this treadmill as it probably isn’t needed.
- iFit Coach Workouts: The 14-inch smart touch screen helps you get the most out of your free 1-month iFit membership by allowing you to download personalized workout programs anytime. With a home WiFi connection you can enjoy unlimited customized workout routines, from immersive Google Maps trails to interactive HD video workouts designed and led by world-class personal trainers.
- High-End Motor: The 2019 Commercial 2450 treadmill has a 4.0 CHP DurX Commercial Plus motor. This high quality drive is self-cooling to allow intense training, and it’s low-vibration for quiet operation. What’s more, it can support a top speed of 12 mph.
- Incline and Decline: The NordicTrack 2450 has a slope range of -3 to +15%. This allows you to benefit from treadmill incline training, which can dramatically improve your metabolism and help to target and tone your muscles. The incline/decline is especially fun to use with iFit Coach Google Maps workouts that copy topography. You can feel the rise and fall of the terrain you are watching, so it really brings your workouts to life. Updated for 2021, the drivers for incline now have faster and quieter operating properties.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The 2450 allows you to track your heart rate with wireless and grip monitoring. A Bluetooth wireless telemetry system with a chest strap can be used (although it’s not included and must be purchased separately); here, the strap can send a continuous reading to the display, so it’s a convenient tool for helping you stay in the optimal training zone. You can even use the monitor with pulse-controlled workouts; these adjust the treadmill’s speed and incline to help you maintain a specified heart rate as you train. You can also get a heart rate reading by squeezing sensors on the handlebars.
- Bluetooth Audio: As part of its 2021 updates, not only can you push music to the treadmill from your device, but you can also pair up Bluetooth headphones to listen to your training programming during your workouts. This is a nice perk when you want to avoid disrupting the rest of the household, and don’t care for running with wired headphones.
- Tread Belt: The 2450 offers a spacious 22-inch x 60-inch workout surface, and to minimize the need for maintenance, the belt is two-ply and stretch-resistant, running over 2.5-inch rollers.
- On/Off Cushioning: With competitive runners in mind, NordicTrack equips the Commercial 2450 with an on/off cushioning system which they call Runners Flex™ Cushioning. When the deck suspension is activated, the jolt of exercise is reduced by about 30%, allowing you to soften impact on your joints. In “road” mode the impact is more like what you experience on asphalt.
- Sound-Absorbing Deck: This high-end treadmill has WhisperQuiet™ deck technology which absorbs enough sound from your footfall to make the machine home-friendly.
- Fans and Storage Trays: Keep comfortable during workouts with the help of dual 3″ AutoBreeze™ workout fans that can automatically adjust to your workout pace or be controlled manually. This is an upgrade from the 2″ fans typically found other NordicTrack models. There’s also an integrated tray underneath the console screen with five pockets to keep your water bottle and phone handy. Other models typically have only two or three pockets.
- SpaceSaver Design: All NordicTrack treadmills in the Commercial Series are foldable with the help of EasyLift™ Assist which makes it easy to fold up your machine without heavy lifting and help you maximize your living space. Unfolded, the Commercial 2450 measures 81.2 inches long, 39.2 inches wide, and 59.2 inches high. We’ve also observed that this model not only folds easily, but locks quite securely once folded. In fact, it takes a bit of force to unlatch the mechanism, which is actually a good thing here. This is a key feature for those with small children who value safety.
- High Capacity: This sturdy cardio trainer has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81.2" L x 39.2" W x 59.2" H|
- Assembly: NordicTrack Commercial treadmills aren’t easy to set up and at least two people are needed for safe moving and assembly. Assembly service is available in many locations, and for $249 you can get NordicTrack’s premier delivery option which includes in-home delivery to the room of your choice and assembly of the machine.
- Warranty: With only 2 years of warranty on parts and electronics, the warranty on the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is a bit on the light side compared to its competition.
See Our Video Review of the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 (2016 model)
A long-time favorite of customers and expert reviewers alike, the Commercial 2450 treadmill remains one of our best buys for treadmills under $2,500 on the market, especially with the latest updates. Aside from the shortening of NordicTrack warranties that took place earlier in 2020, there’s little we can fault about this one—more than anything it will come down to whether or not you see yourself benefiting from the subscription model of streaming training with iFit.
When on sale, the new NordicTrack Commercial 2450 offers top value in terms of performance, electronics and overall quality.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturers site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on the 2450 are smoother and quieter than ever, and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your own playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill, so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.
- Expanded iFit Offer: In previous years, these treadmills would come with an individual 1-year iFit membership, but for 2021 these memberships have been upgraded to family memberships—perfect for households with multiple runners.
- Enhanced Automatic Trainer Control: This function really comes into play with the iFit-enabled machines as live trainers can adjust the machine during workouts more accurately, quietly, and faster in terms of incline, decline, and speed.
- Improved Connectivity: Faster dual 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity, which improves not only reception but speed.
- Updated Android 9.0S: This updated and faster Android operating system improves the entire workout experience.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 FAQs
How much does a NordicTrack Commercial 2450 weigh?
The NordicTrack 2450 weighs 315 pounds in the box, and around 300 pounds out of the box.
Where should I buy the NordicTrack Commercial 2450?
It’s usually best to buy your treadmill directly from NordicTrack online. This way, you’ll get all the manufacturer’s online discounts and special offers added automatically such as the free, 1-month iFit membership that’s included with the Commercial 2450.
How do I assemble the NordicTrack Commercial 2450?
There are many instructional videos on Fitness Equipment Help’s YouTube channel to help you assemble your NordicTrack treadmill. Alternatively, you can pay $249 for NordicTrack’s premier delivery which includes in-home delivery to the room of your choice and assembly of the machine.
How can I play music on the NordicTrack Commercial 2450?
The Commercial 2450 has Bluetooth audio capabilities, so you can connect your phone or tablet and stream your music or podcasts wirelessly through the 2450’s set of 3" speakers.
What payment options and financing plans does NordicTrack offer for the Commercial 2450 Treadmill?
NordicTrack is great about updating pricing specials on its machines. Current financing plans include a $70 per month for 36 months at 0% interest. This option includes one free month of the iFit Family Membership Plan valued at $39.
Does the screen go into sleep mode automatically?
The treadmill does not have an independent power shut-off switch, but if the belt is stopped for a number of minutes, the screen will go into a sleep mode. To turn the machine off one must unplug it.
Is the screen adjustable? Can it be tilted up or down?
No, the screen is built into the treadmill's console.