This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
- You want an easily foldable treadmill
- You need a powerful motor which accommodates intense training
- You want a large tilting screen with premium audio
- You want both incline and decline with AutoAdjust technology
- You want high-tech features like Bluetooth and AI heart rate control
The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 has earned a top spot in customer reviews as a folding treadmill that suits both runners and walkers. It easily earns one of our best buy awards for the best treadmills under $2,500 on the market, scoring high for its construction and programming alike. It’s nearly as powerful as the Commercial 2950, and from a tech standpoint is nearly identical. Like the rest of the model range, it received a host of updates for 2022, including a larger 22-inch HD Touchscreen which both tilts and pivots, premium audio speakers, a lower step-up height, and ActivePulse Technology. This last features allows the treadmill to automatically adjust the speed and incline of the machine to match the user’s heart rate as they exercise. All in all, this is about as high-tech as it gets in a market rife with competition.
Like most iFit-enabled treadmills, the new Commercial 2450 has AutoAdjust technology which allows the live trainers to control the machine during workouts. And this is a big bonus when combined with a treadmill which features 15% incline and -3% decline, as well as a 0-12 mph speed range. What’s more, it helps you make the most of iFit virtual outdoor training. As your program shows an uphill path, for example, your treadmill will tilt to match. Other highlights for the new NordicTrack 2450 include Bluetooth heart rate monitoring capability and Bluetooth audio connectivity to help keep you entertained through your workouts. The 2022 model includes a much improved premium audio deck designed to provide immersive workouts.
As for the warranty, the Commercial 2450 comes with 10 years of coverage on the frame, 2 years on parts (including motor and electronics) and 1 year on labor. In addition, buyers are also treated to free shipping of the $2,499 unit as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What We Like:
- Premium Touch screen: A premium 22-inch HD touch screen which both swivels and tilts is the centerpiece of the Commercial 2450 console, allowing you to enjoy your iFit workout programs in full view and clarity. Updated for 2022, its updated graphics processor cooling system ensures a clean and crisp HD video feed during your workouts.
- iFit Workouts: The 22-inch HD touch screen helps you get the most out of your free 1-month iFit membership by allowing you to download personalized workout programs anytime. With a home WiFi connection you can enjoy unlimited customized workout routines, from immersive Google Maps trails to interactive HD video workouts designed and led by world-class personal trainers.
- High-End Motor: The 2022 Commercial 2450 treadmill has a 3.6 CHP DurX Commercial Plus motor. This high quality drive is self-cooling to allow intense training, and it’s low-vibration for quiet operation. What’s more, it can support a top speed of 12 mph.
- Incline and Decline: The NordicTrack 2450 has a slope range of -3 to +15% and new AutoAdjust Technology. This allows you to benefit from treadmill incline training, which can dramatically improve your metabolism and help to target and tone your muscles. The incline/decline is especially fun to use with iFit Google Maps workouts that copy topography. You can feel the rise and fall of the terrain you are watching, so it really brings your workouts to life. Updated for 2022, the drivers for incline now have faster and quieter operating properties.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The 2450 allows you to track your heart rate with wireless and grip monitoring. A Bluetooth wireless telemetry system with a chest strap can be used (although it’s not included and must be purchased separately); here, the strap can send a continuous reading to the display, so it’s a convenient tool for helping you stay in the optimal training zone. You can even use the monitor with ActivePulse Technology-controlled workouts; these adjust the treadmill’s speed and incline to help you maintain a specified heart rate as you train. You can also get a heart rate reading by squeezing sensors on the handlebars.
- Premium Audio Speakers: As part of its 2022 updates, not only can you push music to the treadmill from your device by way of its Bluetooth, but you can also pair up headphones to listen to your training programming during your workouts. This is a nice perk when you want to avoid disrupting the rest of the household, and don’t care for running with wired headphones.
- Tread Belt: The 2450 offers a spacious 22-inch x 60-inch workout surface, and to minimize the need for maintenance, the belt is two-ply and stretch-resistant, running over 2.5-inch rollers.
- Cushioning System: With competitive runners in mind, NordicTrack equips the Commercial 2450 with a cushioning system which they call Runners Flex™ Cushioning. When the deck suspension is activated, the jolt of exercise is reduced by about 30%, allowing you to soften impact on your joints. In “road” mode the impact is more like what you experience on asphalt.
- Sound-Absorbing Deck: This high-end treadmill has WhisperQuiet™ deck technology which absorbs enough sound from your footfall to make the machine home-friendly.
- Fans and Storage Trays: Keep comfortable during workouts with the help of dual 3″ AutoBreeze™ workout fans that can automatically adjust to your workout pace or be controlled manually. This is an upgrade from the 2″ fans typically found other NordicTrack models. There’s also an integrated tray underneath the console screen with five pockets to keep your water bottle and phone handy. Other models typically have only two or three pockets.
- SpaceSaver Design: All NordicTrack treadmills in the Commercial Series are foldable with the help of EasyLift™ Assist which makes it easy to fold up your machine without heavy lifting and help you maximize your living space. Unfolded, the Commercial 2450 measures 81 inches long, 39 inches wide, and 59 inches high. We’ve also observed that this model not only folds easily, but locks quite securely once folded. In fact, it takes a bit of force to unlatch the mechanism, which is actually a good thing here. This is a key feature for those with small children who value safety.
- High Capacity: This sturdy cardio trainer has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 39" W x 59" H|
- Assembly: NordicTrack Commercial treadmills aren’t easy to set up and at least two people are needed for safe moving and assembly.
- Warranty: With only 2 years of warranty on parts and electronics, the warranty on the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is a bit on the light side compared to its competition.
See Our Video Review of the NordicTrack Commercial 2450 (2016 model)
A long-time favorite of customers and expert reviewers alike, the Commercial 2450 treadmill remains one of our best buys for treadmills under $2,500 on the market, especially with the latest updates. Aside from the shortening of NordicTrack warranties overall, there’s little we can fault about this one—more than anything it will come down to whether or not you see yourself benefiting from the subscription model of streaming training with iFit.
When on sale, the new NordicTrack Commercial 2450 offers top value in terms of performance, electronics and overall quality.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturers site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2022 (November 2021 release)
- Upgraded HD tilt and pivot touch screen is now 22 inches.
- Faster incline/decline response by way of AutoAdjust Technology.
- Improved premium audio speakers.
- New ActivePulse Technology which allows the treadmill to adjust based on the user’s heart rate.
- New lower step-up height.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Improved console speed with dual band Wi-Fi, upgraded processing, and Android 9.0 OS.
- iFit is now available as a mobile app; no longer tied to the console.
- Upgraded ‘Quiet Drive’ to reduce noise when changing incline.
- Bluetooth pairing for headphones now supported.
- Free 1-year individual iFit membership increased to family membership.
- Free 1-year individual iFit membership increased to family membership.
- Faster and more accurate automatic trainer control of incline and speed.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
- January 10, 2021: Updated for the 2022 model.
NordicTrack Commercial 2450 FAQs
How much does a NordicTrack Commercial 2450 weigh?
The NordicTrack 2450 weighs 315 pounds in the box, and around 300 pounds out of the box.
Where should I buy the NordicTrack Commercial 2450?
It’s usually best to buy your treadmill directly from NordicTrack online. This way, you’ll get all the manufacturer’s online discounts and special offers added automatically such as the free, 1-month iFit membership that’s included with the Commercial 2450.
How do I assemble the NordicTrack Commercial 2450?
There are many instructional videos on Fitness Equipment Help’s YouTube channel to help you assemble your NordicTrack treadmill. Alternatively, you can pay $249 for NordicTrack’s premier delivery which includes in-home delivery to the room of your choice and assembly of the machine.
How can I play music on the NordicTrack Commercial 2450?
The Commercial 2450 has Bluetooth audio capabilities, so you can connect your phone or tablet and stream your music or podcasts wirelessly through the 2450’s set of 3" speakers.
What payment options and financing plans does NordicTrack offer for the Commercial 2450 Treadmill?
NordicTrack is great about updating pricing specials on its machines. Current financing plans include a $70 per month for 36 months at 0% interest. This option includes one free month of the iFit Family Membership Plan valued at $39.
Does the screen go into sleep mode automatically?
The treadmill does not have an independent power shut-off switch, but if the belt is stopped for a number of minutes, the screen will go into a sleep mode. To turn the machine off one must unplug it.
Is the screen adjustable? Can it be tilted up or down?
Yes, the screen can tilt and adjust to suit the user.