At first glance its standout features are a steeply inclined track and a great-looking 15″ TV. Then you realize that there’s also an automated decline — plus an Internet browser and tons of workout programming. Owners can choose from 44 built-in workout programs or use an iFit subscription to access personalized workout routines online.
The NordicTrack X15i is an all-around enticing machine for weight loss, cardio training and sculpting your physique. This unit has the highest price in this NordicTrack collection, but it also has the most advanced features. An above-average warranty gives nice coverage for everything from the deck to the electronics.
What We Like:
- Incline Training: Why choose an incline trainer instead of a traditional treadmill? Thanks to the celebrity personal trainer Jillian Michaels, incline training has become known as “the fastest way to lose weight.” Treadmills generally have maximum inclines of 10% to 20%, but NordicTrack Incline Trainers have a maximum 40% uphill grade. The options can help you burn up to five times the calories of ordinary treadmill exercise — and imagine what the workout will do for your muscle tone. The X15i will also decline by up to 6%.
- 15″ Television: For many of us, TV makes it easier to exercise for longer. The NordicTrack X15i Incline Trainer has a 15-inch high-definition television. It’s at eye-level, fixed above the workout display.
- Console with Internet Browser: This is one of the most advanced console screens of the model year. A 10-inch full color touchscreen lets you access workouts, your fitness stats and the Internet. The console also has two fans to cool your face and body.
- Smartphone Compatible: Plug your smartphone or other MP3 player into the console. You can listen through ear buds or stream music through the 30-inch speakers.
- iFit Enabled: This unit is ready for iFit workout sessions and providing other benefits of membership in the iFit online community. With a monthly or yearly subscription, you can use the Incline Trainer with your home’s wireless Internet connection. At last check the memberships were $9.99/month and $99/year — and you get a whole lot of goodness. iFit lets you download customized workouts, virtually exercise with famous personal trainers, and compete in online races with a Facebook app. It also lets you replicate real-life training routes! Just set a route with iFit’s Google Maps app, and the X15i’s track will tilt to copy the terrain. As you can imagine, these and other iFit features provide excellent motivation to exercise.
- Workout Programs: Even without an iFit subscription, you’ll have plenty of workout options on your console. The 44 built-in workout apps are categorized as Calorie Burning, Intensity, Incline Training and Speed. All workouts were designed by a certified personal trainer.
- High Quality Belt: The slightly oversized track measures 60″ long and 22″
wide. (Most people don’t need the extra width, but there it is.) A very nice touch here is the low maintenance. Many home treadmill belts require occasional waxing, but the belt on the X15i is infused with a lubricant to let you avoid this chore. Track longevity is also promoted by the two-ply design and 2.5″ rollers.
- Powerful Motor: Workouts are supported with a commercial quality 4.50 CHP DurX motor. It has a lifetime guarantee.
- Full Wireless Monitoring System: Get a constant, accurate heart rate readout via a Bluetooth system. The X15i Incline Trainer is sold with the wireless chest strap included.
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X15i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 40%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70.2" L x 39.6" W x 77.5" H|
- Too much machine? The new NordicTrack X15i gets the brand’s biggest and most advanced components. We’d prefer an a la carte menu. It might be nice to get the TV but not pay for the high-powered motor, for example.
- Large footprint: You’ll need lots of floor space. This machine measures 70.2″ L x 39.6″ W x 77.5″ H.
- Warranty: This unit has the same warranty plan as cheaper NordicTrack Incline Trainers. It seems that for equity, the warranty here should be longer. Owners get lifetime coverage on the frame, motor, and deck plus six years of parts and electronics protection. Labor is covered for the first three years.
If money didn’t matter, we would bring this baby home. The NordicTrack X15i Incline Trainer has everything that an indoor walker could want. You’ll get the treadmill industry’s absolute steepest incline/decline combination, extensive workout programming, and an Internet browser with 10″ touchscreen! But if the price is too high — and we think it is — then one step down is looking pretty good. You can compare this unit with the X11i Incline Trainer on the NordicTrack website.