The ProForm 12.0 ST Treadmill has an MSRP of $1,999. That’s pretty standard for a mid-quality home treadmill. Online discounts are common though, and the savings are usually big.
Here’s what we like and don’t like about the 12.0 ST.
What We Like:
- Program variety: ProForm treadmills are loaded with workouts. While a fitness club treadmill might only offer eight or ten programs, here you’ll get 32 workout programs to help reach your goals. All were designed by a certified personal trainer and can quickly be adjusted via convenient speed and incline buttons.
- iFit enabled: iFit takes this treadmill to a whole new level. Using your home’s wireless Internet connection, it lets you virtually experience workouts around the world. Run in Barcelona, hike through Yellowstone, or start walking across America. You can set a route using the treadmill’s Google Maps app, and the ProForm Sport 12.0 ST Treadmill will tilt the deck to imitate the landscape. iFit also lets you download unlimited tailored workouts, automatically track your fitness progress; compete in races; get nutrition advice and more. Please note that iFit memberships are sold separately from the treadmill. At last check, prices were $9.99/month and $99/year.
- Incline: The automated incline tilts the track by up to 15%. Training on an incline can significantly boost your metabolic rate, even if you walk at a slow pace. It also helps enhance muscle tone by making you recruit a wider variety of muscle fibers in your legs.
- Display: The 7″ backlit screen is relatively basic (it’s not full color or touchscreen) but it gets the job done. Finding your preferred workout program is easy. The data shown are mileage, speed, calorie burn, heart rate, and time spent exercising. We might be put off by the older technology used here, except ProForm added a tablet holder to spice things up.
- Tablet shelf: A removable tablet shelf is provided to hold your tablet computer. This lets you enjoy high-definition iFit videos and other content at eye level.
- Good quality track: The Sport 12.0 ST’s tread track measures 60″ long x 20″ wide. Powered by a 3.5 CHP motor, it can handle up to 12 mph. The belt moves over 2.5″ rollers. This is a big improvement over the cheaper ProForms and helps explain why this unit has a longer warranty.
- Motor: The ProForm Sport 12.0 ST Treadmill is powered by a commercial-grade 3.5 CHP motor. It has a lifetime warranty.
- Wireless heart monitoring: Trainees get two options for heart rate monitoring. First, the treadmill is compatible with chest straps that use Bluetooth. Second, a grip sensor system is built into the handlebars.
- Workout fans: Two fans help you maintain a comfortable body temperature and reduce your perceived exertion level.
- iPod port: An iPod-compatible port makes it easy to enjoy audio. A set of 2” speakers is built into the console. (This speaker size is pretty standard, but 3″ is slowly becoming the norm.)
- SpaceSaver design: To free up some floor space, the ProForm 12.0 ST Treadmill can be vertically folded. This is a simple process that uses EasyLift; just push a button when you’re ready.
- Warranty: Buyers get a lifetime warranty on the ProForm Sport 12.0 ST’s motor and frame, and five years of coverage for parts. Labor is free during the first two years of ownership.
- High capacity: This treadmill can support up to 350 pounds.
ProForm Sport 12.0 ST Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||59.5" L x 37" W x 81" H|
We were hoping to see an automated decline. Other treadmills in this price category have incline/decline. That includes the ProForm Pro 9000, which sells for $1799.
We don’t have much criticism for this product. That might change after it’s been on the market for a few more months, but for now there are no complaints.
More Review Features of the ProForm Sport 12.0 ST Treadmill on video!
The ProForm Sport 12.0 ST Treadmill is a pretty good choice, and especially if it’s on sale. We like the long parts warranty and the two years of labor. The power, programming and cushioning should satisfy the vast majority of trainees.
This treadmill doesn’t have everything, but many of its top competitors are other ProForm treadmills. If you like this sort of fitness machine, then it’s probably time to visit the ProForm website.