What We Like:
- Powerful motor: Smooth Fitness is known for its powerful yet quiet treadmill motors. The 9.65LT’s 4.0 HP motor is commercial-grade.
- Cushioned track: The extra-roomy 64” x 21” track has an eight-point cushioning system to promote comfort and endurance. Called Impression Cushioning, it provides a soft landing for the front foot and a firm push-off surface for the back foot.
- Handrail controls: Motion control sensors on the handrails make it easy to adjust the treadmill’s speed and incline.
- Wireless heart rate monitor: Wireless telemetry can be used to automatically adjust the Smooth 9.65’s speed and incline and help trainees stay within a desired heart rate range.
- Program variety: The console is loaded with ten speed workouts, ten speed and incline workouts, and space for five user-deigned workouts. There’s also a goal program, a heart rate control program, and a 12-minute fitness test.
- Sound system: The 9.65LC has an iPod dock and speaker system.
- Warranty: Smooth Fitness treadmill warranties are among the best in the industry. For the Smooth 9.65LC, the company includes a lifetime residential warranty on all parts plus two years of in-home service.
- Convenient delivery: When purchased directly from Smooth Fitness, the 9.65LC is quickly shipped from one of three North American warehouses. Curbside delivery is free, but customers buying the 9.65 LC or another large treadmill would find it worthwhile to pay extra for in-home set-up.
What We Don’t Like:
- Workout programs: The 9.65LC has an impressive array of preset workout options. Even so, some people prefer treadmills with iFit technology and unlimited workout downloads. iFit is available on treadmills from ProForm, NordicTrack, and other brands owned by ICON Health and Fitness.
Check out video features of the Smooth 9.65LC Treadmill
With the 9.65LC treadmill, Smooth responds to our slight criticism of the 9.45ST by adding audio entertainment and a much wider selection of preset workouts. However, the new treadmill really stands out for its large size and high capacity: its track is extra-large and its motor is exceptionally powerful.
The heft of the Smooth 9.65LC makes it a good buy for families with tall or heavy individuals as well as households that just expect to use their treadmill with great frequency. Others could get away with a smaller and less powerful fitness machine.