Maximum incline on the X11i is 40%. When using this extreme setting you can burn calories around five times faster than when training at a 0% grade. At lower settings the benefits are big too; see calculations in the image below. Additionally the X11i has power decline settings. Walking or running downhill (maximum decline 6%) you can use your muscles in ways that are possible outdoors but not with standard cardio trainers.
Anything but standard, the new NordicTrack X11i for 2017 features a high-definition 10-inch touchscreen, a web browser, 44 workout apps and iFit Coach integration. (iFit subscription required for activation.) From the deck to the console, this cross-trainer is high quality and covered with NordicTrack’s best warranty. Full price is $3,499 but factory-direct deals on Incline Trainer treadmills often take more than $1,000 off.
What We Like:
- Incline Training: The X11i workout deck has an incline/decline range of -6% to +40%. The many slope choices let you work your muscles in different ways and burn calories almost incredibly quickly. Here you can train at low speed if you like, but still get the rapid results that are normally associated with running. Burn calories at five times your no-incline rate! Less impact will be put on your joints, ligaments and tendons, so exercise is more comfortable and your endurance is enhanced.
- iFit Coach: This unit is ready for iFit Coach, a popular fitness app with subscription required. Each paid subscription ($99/year) can support multiple users. iFit members can download customized workouts every day, exercise with video workouts led by famous personal trainers, log workout stats automatically, and use many other features that help maximize progress in health. Maybe most exciting, and as emphasized in NordicTrack ads, iFit Coach can help you train for specific race routes or just be a global tourist. Draw a map with Google Maps and the X11i can virtually transport you to the destination! The Incline Trainer will 1) adjust its incline/decline to copy the topography and 2) show an interactive Google Street View (if available) on its 10-inch high-definition screen.
- Workout Programs: Even without iFit membership, this cross-trainer provides lots of workout support. It arrives with several iFit demo programs and has 44 preloaded workout apps altogether. The training menu is divided into the categories Calorie, Incline, Intensity and Speed.
- Bigger Track: If you need a little extra workout space, the X11i won’t disappoint. The track measures 60″ long and 22″ wide. For comparison, a typical health club treadmill has a 60″ long x 20″ wide track.
- Powerful Motor: Great for running as well as walking, the X11i powers its track with a 4.25 CHP motor that’s under lifetime warranty. It helps keeps the machine perform quietly even through changes in incline and speed. The high speed is 12 mph.
- Touchscreen with Internet: The new NordicTrack X11i for 2017 has a 10″ HD touchscreen display. Using the integrated Android browser you can conveniently check the web as you train. Another great feature supported here is Google Street View: Chart a route through iFit Coach and watch images of the path stream by!
- Tablet Holder: Access your own apps during workouts by attaching a tablet computer to the Incline Trainer console. An adjustable bracket can securely hold your computer at eye level.
- iPod Port: Keep your motivation high by adding your favorite tunes or podcasts to exercise. This unit is equipped with NordicTrack’s top-choice speakers from Intermix Acoustics.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Monitoring your heart rate helps you train wisely and assess your progress. This unit gives you two options for pulse readings: handlebar sensors and a wireless chest strap (included).
- High Capacity: The user weight limit is 350 pounds, which is high capacity for a home fitness machine and a good indicator of durability.
- Easy Assembly: NordicTrack Incline Trainers are relatively easy to set up. Allow about 30 minutes.
- Generous Warranty: The warranty package for the 2017 X11i Incline Trainer is NordicTrack’s finest. Factory-direct shoppers get lifetime coverage on the frame, motor, and deck; six years of parts and electronics protection; and three years for labor.
NordicTrack Incline Trainer X11i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-6 to 40%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||71.6" L x 39.6" W x 70.2" H|
- Normally we list a few drawbacks in our reviews of treadmills and treadmill alternatives… but it’s not easy to complain about the new X11i. This is a top-of-the-line trainer from a leading brand. The only drawback (sometimes) is the price. Knowing that discounts of about $1,000 are common, it could be frustrating to pay full price.
See Our Video Review of the NordicTrack X11i Incline Trainer (2016 Model)
Easily a favorite cardio trainer for runners and walkers, the new X11i Incline Trainer is built to deliver results quickly and keep you interested in exercise. It features the high-end components of a great treadmill for runners, plus it offers the benefits of incline training at up to 12 mph. Topped of with a high-definition 10″ touchscreen with web browser — plus MP3 speakers and a tablet computer holder — it’s ready to be a favorite training partner for many years. If your budget frowns at the X11i price though (and you don’t need an advanced motor) then the X9i might be a better buy.
You can find the best Incline Trainer by visiting our page specifically designed to show you the best machines.