The T202 treadmill is very similar to the older and now discontinued top-of-the-line T203. The T203 did cost about $200 more and had a slightly more powerful motor, two additional workout programs, and extra cushioning to support more weight.
What We Like:
- Price: This budget treadmill was launched with an MSRP of $999 and costs even less online.
- Parts warranty: The one-year parts warranty isn’t bad for a cheap treadmill. Customers have the option to buy extended one-year and two-year warranties.
- Motor: The quiet 2.5 HP motor can power most exercisers through challenging workouts without getting sluggish. It has a lifetime warranty, which is rare in the sub-$1000 category.
- Audio: The Surround Sound speaker system and iPod dock help make workouts fly by.
- Exercise programs: The 12 built-in programs include time, distance, and calorie goal programs and manual, interval, and weight loss workouts. Plus, unlike the cheaper T101, the T202 has an Advanced Goal Center. This lets you chart exercise 31 days at a time and focus on long-term goals. Exercise data can easily be transferred to your iPod.
- Incline: To help make workouts more efficient, the T101’s track inclines up to 12% in increments of .5%. Compared with running on a flat surface, incline training stimulates more muscle fibers for a more efficient workout.
- Heart rate monitoring: You can easily monitor your pulse with the dual grip monitoring system. This helps you exercise within a target heart rate zone to make the most of each workout.
- Cushioning: PerfectFLEX™ Plus cushioning provides a comfortable combination of support and flexibility to reduce strain on your knees and ankles.
- Console: The good-looking console has two LED data windows with alphanumeric displays. A cooling fan is included.
- Portability: This treadmill can be folded for easy storage and transport.
- Stability: The T101 is safe for users weighing up to 325 pounds.
What We Don’t Like:
- Short track: The 20”x55” running surface isn’t long enough for taller exercisers. Horizon’s T203, which costs about $200 more, has a 20”x60” track.
- Budget belt: The treadbelt is just one-ply. It’s 1.4 mm thick. Treadmills that cost more have two-ply or even four-ply belts. Thicker belts are more durable.
Check out video features of the Horizon T202 Treadmill!
The T202 is a good all-purpose budget treadmill. The Advanced Goal Center makes it especially easy to stay on task and achieve long-term fitness goals, and the iPod dock helps make workouts more enjoyable. Compared with other budget treadmills, the Horizon T202 provides more preset programs, a steeper incline, better cushioning and a better standard warranty.
Avid runners and heavier individuals might prefer a stronger motor, which is available on the Horizon T203.