The Sole TT8 treadmill is named for its twenty-two inch wide tread track. The extra width on this 60″ long track lets runners run freely without constantly focusing on their position on the treadmill. Another special feature of the TT8 is simulated downhill running in addition to the uphill running supported on other Sole treadmills. Overall the incline range is -6% to 15%. Convenient incline adjustments are built into the hand rests in addition to the console. Also worth noting is that the TT8 treadmill track is very high quality with four layers of material and 3″ crowned rollers, ready to provide trouble-free performance for years and years.
Sole treadmills have Bluetooth integration for use with the Sole Fitness mobile app. This app for Android and iOS devices can connect with FitBit, MyFitnessPal and other fitness apps so that trainees can store all their workout history in one secure location. In addition to tracking data, the Sole Fitness app lets a trainee’s mobile device serve as the treadmill control center. It can be used for making workout selections, then sent to the background while other apps for entertainment, workouts or multitasking are used to help exercise time fly by.
What We Like:
- High quality parts: The TT8 treadmill shows off Sole’s roots in the light commercial treadmill industry. Its powerful motor, thick belt and commercial deck are built to support a lifetime of regular use.
- Track size: The Sole TT8 is named for its extra-wide track; TT stands for “twenty-two” inches. The track is also 60″ long to accommodate long running strides. This track size is the largest available from Sole Fitness and most other brands.
- Track quality: The tread track is self-lubricating to reduce the need for maintenance. While cheap tread tracks are single ply, the TT8’s track has four layers including nylon, rubber and PVC. This combination is durable, isn’t easily overstretched and avoids static electricity buildup.
- Motor: The Sole TT8 Treadmill has a quiet commercial-grade 4.0 CHP motor with a lifetime warranty. The motor supports a high speed of 12 mph for sprinting and interval training.
- Incline and Decline: The track has 30 levels of incline with a maximum 15% grade to enhance calorie burn and cardio challenge. Additionally it can decline by up to 6%.
- Deck: Sole’s CushionFlex Whisper Deck technology can reduce joint impact by up to 40% compared with outdoor running surfaces. This high quality deck also minimizes the noise of exercise impact and is reversible for twice the lifespan.
- High capacity: This light commercial treadmill has a maximum user weight capacity of 400 pounds.
- Big screen: Exercise data are displayed on a 10.1″ screen with Sole’s most advanced graphic display. Additionally workout progress can be shown on the trainee’s own tablet computer or smartphone.
- Preset Workouts: Ten programs including manual mode and user-designed routines are available to support cardio training, weight loss and muscle toning. Two users can store profiles and save custom routines.
- Audio: The Sole TT8 has built-in speakers for your music player and can easily connect via bluetooth.
- Warranty: Sole Fitness leads the treadmill industry with its warranties. The new Sole TT8 Light Commercial Treadmill is sold with lifetime protection on the frame, motor and deck for both home and light commercial settings. The residential warranty also provides for fives years of parts coverage and two years of in-home labor. The light commercial warranty provides for three years on parts and one year of on-site labor.
Sole TT8 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||78" L x 36" W x 58 H|
- Large footprint: With its 36″ X 78″ deck the Sole TT8 requires a large dedicated workout space. It has the dimensions of a typical health club treadmill and might not be reasonably sized for home use.
Sole treadmills are built to last and carry generous warranties. The TT8 Light Commercial Treadmill is ideal for office park workout rooms and other light commercial fitness centers. In a home gym it could serve for a generation or more. Even so, many residential shoppers could spend less on a lower priced Sole such as the F80 or F85 and be just as satisfied.