The Go console is the more basic of the two, but it’s still a crowd-pleaser. It features 13 workouts including three classic, two advanced, three goal-oriented and five HeartSync™. The T5 Go Treadmill console lets two users each save a custom profile — so if you’d like to start a workout right away (no scrolling), you can use the GoSystem™ Quick Start feature. Quick Start uses your preferred paces for walking, jogging and running.
Additional built-in apps and customization options are offered with the Track console. It connects to Android™ and Apple® devices to let you access personalized workouts, real-time workout tracking, and third-party fitness apps.
What We Like:
- Overall quality: The T5 home treadmill looks great and is nearly commercial-grade. Some examples: The track is maintenance-free just like those of club treadmills; no waxing is needed. The motor runs very quietly. Wireless heart rate monitoring is included, and the cushioning is exceptional.
- Energy smart: Why pay for energy you don’t need? Two features here stand out to the environmentally conscious. 1) When a Life Fitness treadmill is plugged in, but not in use, it will automatically reduce its power draw by 90%. 2) The motor adjusts to the user’s weight. This means that unless you’re approaching 400 pounds, the treadmill won’t be triggered to run at its highest capacity.
- Track with adjustable cushioning: The T5 treadmill track has a standard length, 60″ long, but extra width at 22″ across. Impact is deflected with LifeSpring™ shock absorbers – the same technology used in Corvette suspensions and railcar bumpers. Unlike rubber and foam, these springs won’t break down! Great cushioning with three options for firmness can help runners improve endurance and minimize the risk of injury.
- Console: The T5 Go console is impressive. First, it’s intuitive to use. Second, we aren’t disappointed by there “only” being 13 programs. It’s true that some other treadmills for 2014 have lots more workouts, but here Life Fitness has bundled together a really nice collection. The Quick Start option is also very handy. The T5 Track console is best for serious athletes though — and for anybody who wants to use third-party exercise apps for workouts. It has 16 built-in workout modes too. Both T5 Treadmill consoles also have reading racks, accessory trays and dishwasher-friendly cup holders.
- Heart monitors: Contact and wireless heart monitors are included. Monitoring can be used in conjunction with the T5’s heart rate controlled workouts. The machine responds to your body, adjusting the intensity of your challenge as needed.
- Motor: All Life Fitness treadmills are powered by a quiet MagnaDrive™ Motor System. This smart technology detects user weight and adjusts motor output accordingly! With 3 horsepower, its motor can handle runners and multiple daily users. It’s under warranty for 10 years. Most owners, bus especially smaller users, can expect the motor to last much longer than a decade.
- Incline: T5 treadmills can be inclined by 15% in .5% increments.
- Warranties: Life Fitness warranties show that the manufacturer is confident about product quality. The T5 with either console is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and cushioning system, a 10-year warranty on the motor, a seven-year warranty on the electrical and mechanical parts, and a year of labor.
Life Fitness T5 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||60" x 22"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 32" W x 60 H|
- Size: Measuring larger than most home treadmills, the Life Fitness T5 has a footprint of 80″ x 32″. It also weighs about 340 pounds – so once it’s set, don’t think about room rearrangements. Of course, the up side is stability. The machine’s heft lets its support up to 400 pounds at 12 mph.
- Price: The MSRP is appropriate for a great product with a long warranty. Still, some people will want a cheaper treadmill.
- Setting up: Set-up isn’t simple. Life Fitness will deliver the treadmill for free – but only to your curbside. If you’d like the 340-pound machine to be placed inside your home and assembled, you can pay about $180 for the Life Fitness White Glove delivery service.
See More Review Features of the Life Fitness T5 Treadmill on video!
The T5 Treadmill with Track is a winning blend of form and function. We’re fans of the high-quality cushioning and heart rate control workouts – and the energy-saving technology is brilliant too.
We’d recommend the Life Fitness T5 with Go console to most potential buyers. That’s because of its great mechanical quality, and because the programming and maximum incline are enough to satisfy almost anyone.
However, advanced trainees might tire of the 13 programs after a couple of years. The Track console’s option to use Android and Apple apps ensures that cardio training never gets too routine.