AFG 2.0AT Treadmill (Folding)
What We Like
- Strong Motor: The 2.5 CHP motor is strong enough for power walkers and joggers.
- Heavy Weight: Weighing in at 250 pounds, the 2.0AT can handle most trainees. It has a user weight capacity of 325 pounds.
- Heart Rate Monitor: A contact grip heart rate monitor is included. It’s not as reliable as wireless telemetry but is a useful feature.
- Workout Variety: This unit has few programs but they’re varied. The modes include: Manual, Intervals, Mountain Walk, Weight Loss Walk, Hill Walk, Cardio Challenge, and Endurance Challenge.
- Incline: The power incline rises to 12 degrees in .5-degree increments.
- Warranty: Advanced Fitness Group stands out for its warranties. This treadmill is sold with lifetime guarantees on the motor and frame. Customers also get three years of parts coverage, which is almost unheard of in its price category. One year of labor is included.
What We Don’t Like
- Basic: This treadmill is fine on its own but might look less attractive next to pricier options. You might prefer the longer track and more varied workouts on other AFG equipment like the 7.1AT, or maybe even the iFit programming and touchscreens offered by other brands.
- Shipping for labor: This treadmill is very affordable provided that you don’t need to ship it for labor. Make sure that repairs can be done in your hometown or you might be paying to ship a 250-pound machine two ways.
AFG’s 2.0AT treadmill is a nice starter machine, but it’s probably worth considering the 3.0AT for comparison. For just a bit more money you’ll get more power, greater program variety, and readiness for wireless heart rate monitoring. If you’re committed to a lower budget though, Advanced Fitness Group’s 2.0AT is a smart choice because of its good basics and great warranty.