This unit is very similar to Advanced Fitness Group’s 5.0AT, which is a vertically folding treadmill. The 7.1AT does not fold.
What We Like
- Stability: All AFG treadmills are stable but the 7.1AT is exceptionally sturdy. It has a user weight capacity of 375 pounds.
- Long track: The 60″ L x 20″ W track can fit the long strides of runners.
- Strong Motor: The 3.25 CHP motor will power you through long running sessions. It has a lifetime warranty. Count on this drive to adjust quickly to your speed changes and stay pleasantly quiet.
- Workout Variety: The 7.1 helps you target weight loss, heart rate, speed and endurance goals. The modes include: Manual, Speed Intervals, Peak Intervals, Stamina Builder, Weight Loss, Golf Course, Foot Hills, Mountain Climb, 5K, 10K, Intervals Heart Rate, THR Zone, Steps Heart Rate, and Custom 1 & 2.
- Workout Tracking: Two programs let you track workouts over long time periods through Nike.com or your iPod.
- USB Port: New workouts can be added via the USB port.
- Incline:The 15 degree automatic incline increases in half-degree increments to help you exercise different muscle groups and burn calories even more efficiently.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Full wireless and grip heart rate monitoring systems are included.
- MP3 Player Port, Shelf & Speakers: This AFG treadmill has an MP3 jack, a shelf for your iPod or other MP3 player, and premium speakers.
- Exceptional Warranty: Advanced Fitness Group’s 7.1AT treadmill has a top-notch standard warranty. You’ll get lifetime protection on the motor and frame, five years of parts coverage, and two years of labor. Extended warranties are available too.
- Several setup options: Customers who pay extra can avoid the hassle of assembling their treadmill and disposing of packing materials; Bronze, Silver and Gold delivery services will take care of these tasks.
What We Don’t Like
- Size: The 7.1AT takes up a lot of space in your home gym. It is a non folding treadmill and it measures 79″ x 37″ x 57″. You might prefer a folding or compact treadmill.
- Shipping Cost: Since this unit is so heavy, it will cost a lot to ship for repairs if that’s your only option. However, standard delivery is free at purchase time.
This unit is almost identical to the 5.0AT, which we recommend highly. These treadmills have the same price but the 5.0AT folds and has a different warranty. We recommend visiting the Advanced Fitness Group website to make an easy side-by-side comparison.