Bodycraft Blu 200M Review
Bodycraft is a relative newcomer to the treadmill industry, but the company is building a solid reputation. Its four treadmill models are made of high The 200M is the entry level home treadmill in Bodycraft’s Blu Series. Unlike the 400M and 800M, the Bodycraft Blu 200M Treadmill is intended for walking and jogging rather than running. Its engineers focused on durable basics rather than frills, and this unit has an industry-leading warranty including 12 years on parts.
Key features include a 58″ track with adjustable cushioning, a maximum 10% incline, a 2.5 HP motor and three preset workout programs including manual mode. A contact heart rate sensor is included and the treadmill can be used with Polar compatible wireless chest straps.
This unit is regularly priced at $2,199 and sells for $2,099 during a launch special at Bodycraft.com. For a limited time a wireless heart rate transmitter is included with the sale price.
What We Like:
- Assembly: Assembling Blu Series treadmills is relatively easy. The Bodycraft manuals provide clear instructions dividing assembly into seven steps.
- High Quality Track: The Blu Series 200M has a 58″ x 20″ track. The two-ply track belt is infused with silicone for low maintenance. All Blue Series treadmill tracks have 2.5″ rollers with sealed bearings to minimize maintenance needs.
- Cushioning: The 200M has a variable six-level cushioning system to meet different people’s preferences.
- Incline: The track can incline automatically by up to 10% in increments of 0.5%.
- Easy Adjustment: The 200M treadmill has a top speed of 10 mph. Up/Down buttons let the user adjust the speed in .1 mph increments. Data can be shown in miles or kilometers.
- Console Extras: The Blu 200M treadmill two holders for water bottles or accessories.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The Bodycraft 200M Treadmill is sold with a reliable contact heart rate monitor and can be used with Polar compatible wireless chest straps. At product launch a free wireless strap is included with the treadmill.
- Motor: The 2.5 HP continuous duty motor is under lifetime warranty for home use. It provides more than enough power for long sessions of walking and jogging.
- High Capacity: The Blu 200M Treadmill has a maximum capacity of 325 pounds.
- Transport Wheels: This 253-pound treadmill is surprisingly easy to move thanks to pop-out transport wheels.
- Warranty: Bodycraft Blu Series treadmills have excellent warranties. The home warranty for the Bodycraft 200M provides lifetime protection on the motor and frame. Parts are covered for 12 years and labor is free during the first year.
- Quality Control: Bodycraft’s quality control procedures help ensure that their treadmills are hassle-free to assemble and operate. Each Blu 200M is assembled at the factory and tested for belt alignment, electronics operation, noise and other important criteria. The treadmill is then taken apart and the parts are sanitized. Before the set is shipped, the box is weighed to help ensure that all parts are included.
What We Don’t Like:
- Machine Size: This treadmill is full sized and does not fold for storage, unlike some other home treadmills. Its footprint is 83″ long and 33″ wide. If workout space is limited, we recommend the foldable Sole F80.
- Few Workouts: The Blu 200M Treadmill has very little programming. Some customers like its simplicity, but others prefer the expanded options on the 400M and 800M. The 200M has manual mode and two programs called Hill Walk and Easy Jog. Each program automatically begins with a three-minute warmup and can be concluded with a preset cool-down.
- Limited Data: Only four data points are provided. Granted, they are the essentials: Time, Distance, Calories and Heart Rate. These can be rotated in Scan mode. Most treadmills in this price range provide more feedback.
- No Reading Rack: Unlike other treadmills in this series, the 200M does not have a rack for holding a magazine or tablet computer.
The Bodycraft Blu 200M is a solid home treadmill. It is built for the long haul and is best for walkers and joggers rather than avid runners. Some factors that we consider to be drawbacks might actually be perks to certain shoppers who seek simplicity. If additional programming is desired though, the Blu 400M is a highly recommended upgrade that doesn’t cost much more.