Integrity Series Review
A rare find for luxury treadmill shoppers, the Certified Used Classic Refresh Treadmill is a refurbished commercial treadmill for home use. This unit is a popular health club model that’s been reconditioned for “just like new” performance. Life Fitness sells refurbished Classic Refresh treadmills for much less than the new machines — about $3,500 versus $7,500 — so they’re formidable competitors with the best residential treadmills. A standard warranty for home use is included.
The Classic Refresh is from the Integrity Series of Life Fitness treadmills. Equipment in the Integrity Series is high-performance even in comparison with other commercial trainers. Highlights include a spacious training area, a powerful yet quiet 4.0 HP motor, speed settings of 0.5 to 14 mph (23 kph), and zero-to-15% power incline settings for added challenge and variety. It’s also equipped with a Flex Deck to reduce the impact of training on joints.
Integrity treadmill consoles are loaded with helpful programming. Heart rate controlled workouts on this unit are called “Zone Training+”; they automatically adjust the incline to keep users in the targeted heart rate zone. The console also has preset programs for 5K and 10K walks or runs, and it lets users design additional goal-based workouts. The Gerkin treadmill protocol and other fitness tests are included too.
Is this the best treadmill deal for your home gym? Here are lists of pros and cons.
What We Like:
- Training Guidance: The Certified Used Classic Refresh treadmill can be paired with a choice of LED consoles from the Integrity Series. Workout programming varies but includes up to 29 diverse workouts and fitness tests that adjust the track’s speed and incline. Trainees can also use the Classic Refresh in manual mode and set session goals for time, distance or calories burned.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: The Classic Refresh uses wireless pulse monitoring and has heart rate controlled exercise programs.
- Entertainment: Each Integrity console has a 30-pin connector that’s compatible with most smartphones, letting users plug in and charge devices while they exercise. For convenience, controls are built into the console. Television can be added too: An optional 17″ HD TV can access 1000 TV channels and also show video from the user’s smartphone.
- Power Incline: For extra challenge and workout variety the Classic Refresh treadmill track can incline from zero to 15%. Among the many benefits of incline training are faster calorie burn, better muscle definition and less pressure on the knees.
- Motor: The Classic Refresh has a 4.0 HP continuous duty motor. Enhanced with Magna Drive, it draws less energy than standard motors with the same horsepower. Magna Drive technology also improves motor reliability.
- High Speed: With a speed range of 0.5 to 14 mph (23 kph), the Classic Refresh treadmill exceeds the industry norm and is a great choice for serious runners as well as walkers.
- Tread Belt: The tread belt, like the rest of this machine, meets commercial standards. Trainees get the comfort of a 20″ wide by 60″ long workout area, and owners get the advantage of a virtually maintenance-free product.
- Cushioning: Each Certified Used Classic Refresh treadmill has a Flex Deck for shock absorption. This high-end feature minimizes the impact of exercise on joints and ligaments, helping people exercise for longer time periods before tiring.
- High Capacity: The Classic Refresh treadmill has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
What We Don’t Like:
- Weight: Heavy machine weight is a possible downside of ownership. The Classic Refresh weighs 425 pounds (193 kg).
- Warranty: Each Certified Used Classic Refresh treadmill carries a one-year warranty. It covers labor costs and replacement/repair of mechanical parts, electronics, the deck and the belt. While one-year warranties aren’t so rare in the commercial treadmill industry, most residential treadmills are sold with more coverage. Extended warranties aren’t advertised for this product. For a similar option with an extended warranty, see the Certified Used 95T Inspire.
The Classic Refresh treadmill is a very impressive cardio trainer. It outperforms high-end residential treadmills, has diverse workout programs, and can boost motivation with seamless smartphone integration. We’re confident that virtually anyone would be a satisfied owner… and yet a slightly better value bears mentioning: the refurbished Life Fitness 95T Inspire with touchscreen. It’s available with a three-year extended warranty for a similar total price.
While the Certified Used Classic Refresh Treadmill isn’t the absolute best value from Life Fitness, it earns 4.5 out of 5 stars. Sold at about 50% off, it’s a great example of how refurbished commercial treadmills can be great buys.