The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is an entry-level treadmill with a foldable frame that is convenient home use. Considering its power and size, this treadmill can serve for light and moderate cardio training (power walking and jogging) but isn’t ideal for frequent long distance running or intense interval workouts. Key performance specs are a 2.6 CHP motor and a 55″ track with automated incline up to 10%. It’s worth noting that this model is now discontinued, and has been replaced by the T 6.5 Si. That said, it is still available for the time being on Amazon.
Plenty of exercise support is included. Compatible with iFit, the NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill provides access to automatic stats tracking, infinite Google Maps training routes, an ever-expanding library of workout videos and other exercise benefits. Additionally, 20 workout programs are built into the treadmill’s console. If your plan is to take advantage of the benefits of iFit, you’re better off looking at the updated T 6.5 Si, as it has a built- in 10″ HD touchscreen display. If you were to use the T 6.5 S with iFit, you will have to run the app and watch training via your iPad or tablet.
What We Like:
- Preloaded Workouts: Without iFit this treadmill still provides 20 workout routines. These were designed by a certified personal trainer to support efficient calorie burn and endurance training. Each program can control the treadmill’s speed and incline.
- Incline: A power incline with tilt up to 10% helps boost metabolic rate, adds cardio challenge, and allows extra muscle toning from walks and jogs. Using the incline can also take pressure off your knees by shifting your body position. The power incline can be controlled by buttons, interactive Google Maps workouts, and other workout programs.
- On/Off Track Cushioning: This treadmill is equipped with on/off Runner’s Flex cushioning. When the cushioning is activated it absorbs impact to help protect your joints. When the cushioning is switched off, running on the treadmill feels more like running on an outdoor track.
- SpaceSaver Technology: The T 6.5 S Treadmill can easily be folded for storage. EasyLift hydraulics do most of the work to push the deck into a vertical position, freeing up some floor space.
- High Capacity: This treadmill has a 300 pound user weight capacity.
NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 10%|
|Running Area:||20" X 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||67.5" L x 35.75" W x 73" H|
- No Wireless Pulse Receiver: This treadmill has contact sensors for heart rate but does not have a wireless pulse receiver.
- No Fan: Unlike many other NordicTrack treadmills the T 6.5 S doesn’t include a personal cooling fan.
- Lack of Direct iFit Integration: Unlike the T 6.5 Si, this model requires a separate viewing device to take advantage of the benefits of iFit. It also does not include the annual membership that you get with the updated model.
- Monitor: The T 6.5 S has a 5″ display that’s very basic when compared to other NordicTrack treadmills. The treadmill can be upgraded though with a high-definition iFit monitor.
- Motor: The T 6.5 S Treadmill has a 2.6 CHP motor with a 25-year guarantee. Standard for the industry in 2016 are 3.0 CHP motors with lifetime guarantees. The machine is designed more for walkers than runners.
- Small Rollers: The tread belt moves over 1.9″ rollers. More expensive treadmills use 2.5″ or larger rollers to help extend the machine’s longevity.
- Tread Belt: The tread belt is shorter than those found on health club treadmills. It’s 55″ long, which is suitable for power walking and jogging but not running.
- Short Warranty on Parts: The one-year parts warranty is skimpy. For the treadmill’s sale price of $799 we’d expect two years of coverage.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is low-priced but isn’t necessarily a bargain. For $799 a customer can reasonably expect more than one year of parts protection. Since the components for this treadmill are entry-level, we wouldn’t expect the machine to outlast its warranty for long.
Given the noteworthy updates that NordicTrack put into the updated T 6.5 Si, we’d recommend looking at that model instead, even though its price tag is $100 higher. The HD screen and year of iFit membership more than justify the price increase.