ProForm Boston Pro 7500 Review
The Boston Pro 7500 is a folding frame model, equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design with EasyLift Assist. The drive system comes with a 4.0 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro Motor that can withstand user weights of up to 300 pounds. The deck is cushioned with ProShox Cushioning support, and the running area is a spacious 22″ wide and 60″ long.
This model provides both incline and decline capabilities, ranging from -3% to 15%. The adjustable motorized incline/decline can be changed with the touch of button, as can the speed using the QuickSpeed controls that range from 0 to 12 mph. As with other models in the series, the 2.5″ precision-machined, balanced non-flex rollers prevent friction and reduce unnecessary wear and tear to prolong the overall life of the machine.
A 7″ full-color touchscreen display gives you you workout readouts, allows you to choose from the 34 built-in workout apps, and helps you to monitor your heart rate, which can be monitored using the EKG heart rate monitor contact grips or the chest strap that is included. In addition, this model is iFit enabled so you can also access a number of routes powered by Google Maps, tons of professionally designed workouts, and other personal data stored. However; a yearly subscription is required. Other features of the console include two-speed dual CoolAire workout fans, an integrated tablet holder, and iPod compatibility with built-in speakers.
ProForm offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 5 years on parts and 2 years on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Frame: This model is equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design. You can easily fold this frame up in just one step, and it securely stays in place until you’re ready to workout again.
- Program Variety: With 34 workout apps to choose from, it’s incredibly easy to find something for you and your personal workout goals. Programs range from heart rate controlled programs to fitness tests and 5K races. In addition, this model is iFit compatible, so if you have a subscription to the program, you can enjoy even more program variety as well as unique routes powered by Google Maps.
- Running Area: What a spacious running area! This model goes beyond the average dimensions, offering users with a running area that extra wide and extra long. This feature makes this treadmill very comfortable and easy to use, especially for runners.
- Incline/Decline Capabilities: It’s easy to simulate varying terrain with an incline of up to 15% and a decline down to -3%. And with certain workout programs, or using iFit, the incline/decline will automatically adjust for you. This is a high-performance feature that is particularly attractive to runners and walkers alike.
ProForm Boston Pro 7500 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3% to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||63" L x 39.5" W x 80" H|
- Price: This model is pricy to begin with, but when you consider the lack of features this model offers when compared to the other models in the series (that are less inexpensive), it makes it that much worse. We aren’t too sure why this model is the most expensive as it doesn’t offer that much more than the entry and mid-level models.
- Weight Capacity: While the motor is a bit more powerful at 4.0 HP, the weight limit is actually lower than the other treadmills in this series that have weaker drive systems. We don’t really understand why, but a low weight capacity like this on a model well over $1500 is something we don’t like to see.
- Speed Offering: This is a common complain with this series as a whole. While the incline/decline options are great, the Pro 7500 tops out at 12 mph. For runners, we like to see speeds topping out at 15 mph.
The ProForm Boston Pro 7500 is overpriced for what it is when you consider the other models in the series. For being the top model, it lacks some features that the other models have, and the drive system is a bit lacking. We recommend the series as a whole, but if you choose to go with this series, consider the Boston Pro 9000 or the Boston Pro 2000 and save yourself some money.