ProForm Boston PRO 2000 Review
A 3.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial Plus Motor powers the Pro 2000, which offers users a motorized adjustable incline of 0 to 15% as well as a decline of 0 to -3%. Speeds top out at 12 mph, and the weight capacity is 350 pounds.
The running area is spacious at 22″ wide and 60″ long, and the 2.5″ precision-machined, balanced non-flex rollers prevent friction and necessary wear and tear. For joint support and stability, the Pro 2000 is equipped with ProForm’s ProShox Cushioning, and for convenience, the frame is equipped with the SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist technology.
The console area provides users with basics like water bottle holders, an integrated accessories tray, a two-speed Dual CoolAire workout fan, and iPod compatible audio port with two 3″ speakers. In addition, the display screen is a 7″ backlit screen with RaceTrack (TM) display as well as iFit compatibility. There are also 32 built-in workout programs and a chest strap in addition to the EKG contact grip heart rate monitor.
ProForm offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 5 years on parts and 2 years on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Frame: This model is equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design. You can easily fold this frame up in just one step, and it securely stays in place until you’re ready to workout again.
- Program Variety: With over 30 workout programs to choose from, it’s incredibly easy to find something for you and your personal workout goals. Programs range from heart rate controlled programs to fitness tests and 5K races.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: For under $1500, few brands will provide users with a chest strap to monitor heart rate. Many models are “compatible” with chest straps but this one actually gives you the tools to monitor your heart totally rate hands-free.
- Running Area: What a spacious running area! This model goes beyond the average dimensions, offering users with a running area that extra wide and extra long. This feature makes this treadmill very comfortable and easy to use, especially for runners.
- Incline/Decline Capabilities: It’s easy to simulate varying terrain with an incline of up to 15% and a decline of 0 to -3%. And with certain workout programs, or using iFit, the incline/decline will automatically adjust for you. This is a high-performance feature that is particularly attractive to runners and walkers alike.
- Price: If you can find a quality treadmill for under $1,500, you are in luck. This is just what the Pro 2000 offers users. For $1299, you can get this high-performance, feature-rich treadmill that provides users with the skills to achieve a number of fitness goals.
ProForm Boston PRO 2000 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 36" W x 73.5" H|
- Speed Offering: While the incline/decline options are fantastic, this model tops out at 12 mph. For runners, we like to see speeds topping out at 15 mph. So, it’s not terrible but it’s something to consider if you are a sprinter or enjoy interval training.
See Our Video Review of the ProForm PRO 2000 which is very similar to this machine.
The ProForm Boston Pro 2000 is a great value all around, and is especially great for runners with its incline/decline offerings and super spacious running deck. The console isn’t too flashy, like other models in the series, but it provides you with the basics to get the job done. ProForm includes a pretty good warranty, and we can’t complain about the price tag. Our verdict is this is a nice performing treadmill when you consider the price tag and the many high-performance features, but take a look at the Boston Pro 9000 if you don’t mind spending a bit more for a console that wows.