The Smooth brand is sold directly to consumers from the manufacturer and only available online. This means savings of 40-45%, which allows Smooth to offer their fitness equipment for far less than the competition. By paying special attention to attractive entertainment packages and performance features, Smooth Fitness proudly focuses on the consumer experience.
The 11.15 and 11.35 models feature full-color touchscreen displays with Android powered browsers and iFit compatibility for a top entertainment package that few brands can match. Additionally, these models offer between 34-36 built-in workout programs and powerful drive systems featuring commercial pro motors. The price tag is also attractive, with these models sitting under the $1,500 price point.
The 11.25 and 13.75 models are a bit pricier (ranging from $2,299 to $3,999), but they also offer additional performance and comfort features like Reflex cushioning shock absorption technology and larger running areas of 22″ x 60″. The 11.25 is more of a mid-range model that offers the basics with a modern design, but the 13.75 is an elite model featuring all of the entertainment bells and whistles along with a insanely powerful 5.0 CHP motor.
What We Like:
- Convenience: When you buy directly from Smooth Fitness, your treadmill is shipped from one of three North American warehouses with guaranteed free shipping every time.
- Price: When purchased directly from the manufacturer, new Smooth brand treadmill prices range from about $1000 to $5000. However, regular retail prices reach up to $5000. Smooth Fitness also offers monthly payment plans.
- Motors: Ranging from 3.0 CHP to a powerful 5.0 HP AC commercial pro motor as seen on the 13.75 model, Smooth Fitness offers impressively powerful drive systems on their newest line of treadmills.
- Track Sizes: Smooth Fitness offers treadmill tracks to suit every exerciser. Track areas on their current lines range from 20″ x 66″ to 22″ x 60,” which are slightly above the average deck length of most popular treadmills.
- Track Cushioning: The Smooth brand hasn’t skimped on cushioning either. The 11.25 and 13.75 models are designed with Reflex Cushioning, which is exclusive to this brand and includes a deck that absorbs the impact of every stride for increased comfort and performance.
- Stability: Sturdy 2-ply decks and powerful drive systems make these treadmills incredibly stable and sturdy.
- Audio: New Smooth treadmills have MP3 players and surprisingly powerful sound systems.
- Television: With a 15″ HDTV, the Smooth 11.25 and Smooth 11.15 (TV optional on this model) offer excellent entertainment options.
- Full-Color Touch Screens: Attractive full-color touchscreen displays (ranging from 7 to 10 inches) are featured on their entry level models. These models are also equipped with an Android powered browser so users can access the internet while working out,
- Warranty: Smooth brand treadmill warranties are among the best in the industry. The company includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, five years on parts, and two years of in-home service on average (varies by model).
What We Don’t Like:
- Safety Features: Most treadmills come with a built-in auto stop button and strap, but Smooth trainers lack this extra feature.
- Consistency In The Price To Features Ratio: While most of the models are a great value (especially the 11.15), other models like the 11.25 are much more expensive and lack too many additional features to justify the extra cost. You should expect a more powerful drive system, more entertainment features, etc. on the more expensive trainers but that’s not always the case with Smooth’s top models.
Smooth treadmills are highly recommended. The product line includes a variety of prices and features to satisfy most users. Smooth Fitness pays attention to the basics (lie strong motors and long tracks) and then adds in impressive special features like great audio, full-color touchscreen displays and 15 inch HDTVs. The company also offers one of the best warranty packages in the industry. We highly recommend these treadmills. They are designed for optimum comfort and performance. It’s impossible to be disappointed.