Besides providing the basics of a great workout machine, the X9i Interactive features an Android web browser and a full iFit Live system.
What We Like
- Efficient Workouts with Incline Training: As personal trainer Jillian Michaels has stated, training at a 40% incline burns five times the calories of walking flat! This machine inclines to 40% and also declines by 6% to tone additional muscle groups. An 8” console fan is included to help you power through the challenge.
- Lower Stress on Joints: Since this unit features Reflex Cushioning, you’ll get a firm push-off point at one end of the track and a soft landing point at the other. Compared with running on an asphalt road, this is much better for your joints.
- Extra-Long Track: You won’t find a longer track on any treadmill or incline trainer.
- Powerful Motor: The 3.0 horsepower motor is commercial quality and has a lifetime warranty. It responds quickly to changes in incline and speed, and it operates quietly.
- Touchscreen with Internet Browser: The X9i Interactive comes with a full-color 10” touchscreen display. Now it’s easy to check sports highlights, read email or browse Facebook as you work out. An especially fun option is Google Street View. If you chart an exercise route through iFit Live, you can actually see the street as Google’s cameras have recorded it.
- Preset Programs: Very impressive! 44 programs are built into the console. 24 of the programs are traditional treadmill/incline programs that target calorie burning, speed and intensity goals. Twenty of the programs deliver iFit Live training with Jillian Michaels, Google Maps routes, and other special types of workouts.
- iFit Live: iFit Live is included to provide unprecedented interactivity. You can virtually work out with Jillian Michaels, download a customized 8-week workout plan, and compete in weekly iFit races. iFit also makes it easy to train for your next marathon no matter where the race is held. Workouts powered by Google Maps recreate the route and automatically adjusting your treadmill’s incline and decline 6% to match the terrain. Choose from several built-in training programs or design your own route.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Monitor your heart rate by using sensors on the handlebars or the wireless telemetry. A chest strap is included.
What We Don’t Like
- The Price: When it first launched, this machine was pricey. Look for weekly sales on NordicTrack’s site.
The X9i Interactive makes it easy to have fun while reaching your fitness goals. You’ll get all the benefits of a standard treadmill plus the industry’s steepest incline/decline, excellent programming, and a touchscreen browser. This is a five-star machine in basically every way. Just make sure to watch the price on it.