Enticing? Definitely. A best buy? Yes, if it is on sale. The X9i discount price is $1,899. Full price is $2,999. The parts and electronics are under warranty for five years.
What We Like:
- Efficient Workouts with Incline Training: This NordicTrack Incline Trainer can be used with its track flat, tilted up to 40% or declined up to 6%. As the celebrity personal trainer Jillian Michaels has explained, training at a 40% incline burns five times the calories of walking flat – plus the decline training is an excellent way to tone muscles.
- Lower Stress on Joints: Incline training in general is easier on your knees compared with regular treadmill training because of how it shifts your body weight. Additionally the NordicTrack X9i features Reflex™ cushioning, so you’ll get a firm push-off point and a softer landing point. Compared with running on outdoor surfaces, this track is much better for your joints and lets you exercise comfortably for longer time periods.
- Long Track: The X9i Incline Trainer has a roomy 60″ x 22″ workout surface.
- Powerful Motor: The 3.0 continuous horsepower motor is commercial quality and has a lifetime warranty. It responds quickly yet quietly to changes in incline and speed.
- Quiet Deck: New for 2016 is WhisperQuiet deck technology. It absorbs sound from each step you take, making the X9i an especially good choice for home workouts.
- Touchscreen with Internet Browser: The X9i Incline Trainer has a full-color 7″ touchscreen display with Android browser. You can check sports highlights, read email or view social media as you work out! But more importantly, this modern screen is a great way to access workouts and view your progress. We especially like its integration with iFit. You can view iFit’s video workouts in high definition and also get streaming Google Street Views with iFit’s Google Maps workouts. Virtually train outdoors in your own town, across the country and worldwide! An iFit subscription is required.
- Preset Programs: The X9i arrives with 44 programs built into the console. Each program was designed by a certified personal trainer to focus on calorie burn, incline training, speed or intensity.
- iFit-Enabled: iFit technology is included to provide unprecedented interactivity. You can virtually work out with celebrity personal trainers, download customized workout plans, compete in online treadmill races, and enjoy workouts powered by Google Maps. Train for your next race no matter where it’s held: iFit lets you download the route and the X9i can automatically adjust its incline and decline to replicate the terrain.
- iPod-Compatible: Exercise to your favorite tunes. This NordicTrack has an iPod-compatible port and a set of 3″ speakers.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Wirelessly monitor your heart rate with the included Bluetooth chest strap. Touch sensors are built into the Incline Trainer’s handlebars too.
- Large Rollers: To promote the machine’s longevity and quiet operation, NordicTrack builds the X9i Incline Trainer with 2.5″ rollers.
- Great Warranty Package: This cardio trainer’s standard warranty provides lifetime coverage for the frame, deck and track motor. The parts and electronics are protected for five years. Labor is provided for two years.
What We Don’t Like:
- The Price: As mentioned in the introduction, the X9i isn’t priced competitively except during online sales. The sale price of $1,899 is a very good deal but $2,999 is a bit much for many shoppers.
We’re fans of NordicTrack Incline Trainers. The X9i for 2016 is an excellent product with touchscreen Internet, tons of programming, a dramatic maximum incline plus decline, and advanced cushioning… It’s not surprising that it’s one of NordicTrack’s top sellers. But if you’ve decided that an Incline Trainer is your best treadmill option, do compare prices for the X9i, X7i and X11i before making the purchase. With any model of Incline Trainer you can get excellent on-board training support and entertainment to help you reach your fitness goals.