LifeSpan TR800-DT5 Treadmill Desk Review
This unit is pretty basic compared with LifeSpan’s other treadmill desks (the TR800-DT3 Base, the TR1200-DT5 and the TR800-DT7). It’s really meant for one person rather than a work group, and it has a residential warranty.
What We Like:
Features we like on the LifeSpan TR800-DT5 treadmill desk include:
- Simple Assembly: The LifeSpan treadmill desk arrives mostly assembled! Most owners can use the machine within 30 minutes of delivery.
- Adjustable Height: Whether you’re 4’10” or 6’8″, your work surface will adjust to the right height. The adjustment is manual. (On other LifeSpan treadmill desks, it’s electronic.)
- Soft Armrests: Foam-injected armrests are smart ergonomics, helping you avoid carpal tunnel at the computer.
- Shock Absorption: The track specially absorbs impact at six points, making it easier on your joints compared with walking or jogging outdoors.
- High Speed: Most people who use treadmill desks only walk one or two miles per hour. The TR800-DT5 treadmill lets you walk briskly! The range is .4 – 4 mph.
- Quiet Motor: The treadmill’s motor is quiet enough for you to use a speakerphone during operation. It can run for three hours straight and has a three-year warranty.
- Step Counter: The Intelli-Step feature is a pedometer or step counter. The console also reports distance traveled, calories burned and time spent exercising.
- Bluetooth Integration: The treadmill desk is Bluetooth-enabled, letting you wirelessly sync and track activity data. This can be accomplished with a LifeSpan computer app or with the online LifeSpan Fitness Club. One free membership in the fitness club is included.
- Safety Stop: The Intelli-Guard safety feature automatically pauses the treadmill if you stop stepping for twenty seconds. Guard rails are also provided for safety.
- Low Step-Up: The base is just 6” high, so it’s comfortable to step onto even with knee problems.
- Free Delivery: Standard delivery is included in the treadmill’s sale price. You might want to pay for indoor delivery, but paying another fee for set-up probably isn’t needed. The treadmill base weighs 120 pounds and the treadmill desk weighs 130 pounds.
- High Capacity: The maximum user weight is a maximum of 300 pounds.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: Get your money back if you’re not pleased. You’ll get 60 days to decide whether this treadmill desk deserves a spot in your office.
The warranty includes lifetime protection for the frame and three years for the motor. Parts are covered for one year. The first year of labor is free. Extended parts warranties are available.
LifeSpan TR800-DT5 Treadmill Desk Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||18" x 52"|
|Top Speed:||4 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70" L x 46.75" W x 6" H|
- Manual Adjustment: Many owners share their desk treadmills with family members. Adjusting this unit for different heights is done manually, which some people find cumbersome. More advanced desks from this brand have electronic adjustment and can “remember” two users’ settings.
- Track Size: The TR800-DT5 treadmill desk base has an 18″ x 52″ two-ply track. It’s shorter and narrower than most treadmill tracks. The standard treadmill track measures 20″ x 60″. Although this machine has a 300 pound capacity, a person who’s approaching that weight will probably want a roomier workout area.
- Just the Basics: This unit doesn’t include a workout incline or preset workouts like other treadmills do. That makes sense since work is the priority, but it bears mentioning.
- Three Hour Limit: Three hours isn’t enough for people who really like to pace or walk. For a desk treadmill that can run all day, see the LifeSpan TR5000-DT5.
- Plastic Components: The guard rails on this unit are plastic. If you spend more for a higher model, you’ll get metal rails.
Pretty good! The LifeSpan TR800-DT5 can easily make a single user happy. It’s not meant for more than three hours per day, and it isn’t wide enough for some people – but if you’re alright with these limitations, it could be worth trying. You can expect good cushioning and a quiet motor, and the Intelli-Step counter helps make the machine more addictive. You can get a refund minus the shipping cost if you aren’t satisfied.
For more capacity and durability, check out LifeSpan’s other treadmill desks or our best treadmill desks page. The TR1200-DT5 costs just a bit more, but it can run for six hours straight instead of three.