NOTE: Most of LIVESTRONG’s treadmills are now either sold exclusively in Canada or discontinued, so please be careful when buying as warranties may not carry much weight. We are downgrading our review stars of this treadmill brand to compensate.
LIVESTRONG Fitness took a three-step approach to building a respected name in the fitness industry. First, the company manufactures durable treadmills, elliptical trainers, and stationary bikes for serious athletes. Second, their staff created a comprehensive collection of online resources to assist men and women in the pursuit of good health (You can learn about fitness routines, nutrition, medical issues and much more on their network of websites). Third, from its base in Austin, LIVESTRONG has helped countless individuals worldwide via charitable donations (including to victims of Hurricane Katrina and other natural disasters).
LIVESTRONG’s most prominent charity work has been on behalf of cancer survivors. In 2009, the LIVESTRONG Global Cancer Summit hosted 500 world leaders, cancer patient advocates, corporations, and non-profits. Attendees then fanned out around the globe to support cancer victims in their own communities. The fitness company has donated a percentage of their profits to help cancer survivors get the supports they need.
There are Five treadmill models currently sold at the LiveStrong website. The main lineup includes the LS8.0T, LS10.0T, LS13.0T and LS15.0T. There’s also the heavy-duty LS Pro 2. Each model has an individual review on our site. Below is a review LiveStrong treadmills overall.
What We Like
- Prices: Pricing its treadmills between about $800 and $1700, LiveStrong offers exercise machines to fit most budgets.
- Consoles: LiveStrong consoles are sleek and user-friendly. Each has a more than adequate LCD screen. The newest version (the LS15.0T) connects to any TV to display interactive video that simulates a run through the American Southwest or Northern Italy.
- Motors: LiveStrong motors range from 2.25 to 3.25 HP. Choose a lower HP if you’re a jogger or get the commercial-quality motor to power you through long runs.
- Inclines: The treadmills tracks can be tilted to simulate outdoor running conditions (minus pollution).
- Audio: LiveStrong treadmills have smartphone-compatible ports and speakers.
- Fitness Journal and exercise programs: Use LiveStrong’s Fitness Journal system and minimum of ten built-in exercise programs to digitally track progress toward short and long-term fitness goals.
- Warranty: LiveStrong treadmills include lifetime motor warranties, at least two-year warranties for other parts, and one or two years of labor.
What We Don’t Like
- We’re not so crazy about the means of accessing the LiveStrong Fitness Journal. You need to transfer data with a USB stick. It would be nice to see a direct Internet connection on their treadmills. On the other hand, LiveStrong provides good value by investing in the machine parts that truly matter and leaving certain frills behind.
LIVESTRONG treadmills get consistently positive reviews for their sleek and user-friendly consoles, well-designed workouts, generous warranties and all-around high quality components. LIVESTRONG Fitness is excels at making high quality products, providing helpful customer service, and giving back to the world. That’s more than can be said about most treadmill manufacturers.