Precor Treadmill Reviews
Company Overview – Precor USA is a true innovator in fitness equipment design and manufacturing. Since 1980, the company has supplied high quality workout equipment to hotels, commercial gyms, and residential customers. Under their original name of Precision Corporation, the company introduced the world’s first ergonomically designed rowing machine in 1980. About ten years later, they revolutionized the exercise industry again by introducing elliptical trainers and the first cushioned treadmills. Precor was also the first company to install electronics on fitness equipment. Before Precor, trainees had little information about their performance during workouts. Precor is headquartered in Washington State and owned by Amer Sports.
Precor Treadmills: Precor has two lines of residential treadmills, The Precision Series and The Energy Series. The Precision Series features the TRM 425 and the TRM 445, while the Energy Series features the TRM 211, TRM 223 and the TRM 243 models. These treadmills range in price from $2,1999 to $5,999 and are designed with additional comfort and performance features to deliver a personalized at-home workout experience with commercial-grade quality. The Energy Series line of treadmills feature a shock absorption system called Energy Stride that uses a deck mounting system to reduce impact. The Precision Series line of treadmills also features a new shock absorption system called the Ground Effects Control System that keeps the deck centered and sturdy while providing additional comfort. Precor also offer two premium models (the TRM 811 and TRM 835) that will set you back $7,395 and $8,495, respectively.
Here is a general overview of the Precor treadmill lineup.
What We Like:
- Track cushioning: As mentioned above, Precor was the first treadmill company to use cushioned tracks. They’ve remained committed to supporting lower-impact running by developing the patented Ground Effects technology. This variable cushioning system is firmer where your feet push off the track and softer where they land. When combined with Precor’s foot plant technology, the tracks are especially supportive running surfaces that reduces stress on runners’ joints.
- Track Incline/Decline: Adjusting the slope of a treadmill track replicates outdoor running conditions, speeds up metabolism, and recruits more muscle tissue. With the touch of a button, Precor users can adjust their treadmill tracks up to a 15% incline and down to a -2% decline.
- Consoles: The consoles on Precor home treadmills are comparable to those of commercial-grade machines. They include customizable workout programs that track up to four users. Built-in Precor workout programs include heart rate control workouts and runs of 1 mile, 2 miles, 5K and 10K.
- Motors: Precor home treadmills have commercial-grade motors that support frequent use, heavier trainees, and high speeds. These treadmills are built with strong 3.0-4.0HP AC motors.
- Aesthetics: Precor designes treadmills that are ergonomically sound, featuring either lever style motion controls or dome style keys that are always within reach and easy to tap on the oversized console area.
- Warranties: Customers get lifetime warranties on their treadmill frames plus five to ten years of parts protection. Labor costs are included for the first year.
What We Don’t Like:
- Price: Precor machines are a fine option for users who can easily afford them. However, more affordable machines of somewhat lesser quality would be sufficient for most homes.
- Special features: For the price of a Precor, some users will expect special features such as HD screens and built-in speakers that are standard with most treadmill brands.
Precor treadmills are world-class workout machines. They are attractive, durable, easy-to-use, and provide excellent support for runners. The only drawbacks are the price tags on the more advanced models and the absence of multimedia entertainment that other treadmill manufacturers offer. It all comes down to your priorities. If the machine and the workout experience is paramount, choose Pecor. If you need bells and whistles to keep you motivated, then look elsewhere.