The company’s four treadmill models for 2010 include: Biscayne, Keewadin, Smyrna, and Juno. The Biscayne and Keewadin models are Yowza’s folding treadmills. The Biscayne model is ideal for people aiming to save space: it folds to a mere 23” thickness. The Keewadin has extra features but costs more.
What We Like
- Motor: The Biscayne’s 3.0 CHP motor is just right for running. Despite its power, the motor runs quietly.
- Console: The Biscayne treadmill’s ergonomically designed console has a quick start button, single-touch resistance adjustment, and quick speed and incline control buttons. You’ll also find cup holders, hi-fidelity speakers, an iPod dock, and a 3-speed fan. A grip pulse monitor and wireless heart rate monitors are included too.
- Tracks: The Biscayne track is 60”x20”, which is long enough and wide enough for all but the largest runners.
- Deck: With triple phenolic lamination, the reversible Yowza Biscayne deck is designed for a lifetime of virtually maintenance-free use.
- Warranties: Yowza’s excellent treadmill warranty package includes: a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame; 5 years on parts; and 2 years of in-home labor.
Yowza Fitness offers an impressive line of attractive, user-friendly, and rugged machines. The foldable Biscayne model has all the basics of a smart treadmill and our review also found useful extras such as an adjustable fan and an iPod deck. A great warranty package should help buyers choose the Biscayne with confidence.