The Yowza Sebring represents a new class of folding treadmills called Transformers. The Transformer name has a double meaning. First, although they’re sturdy, Transformer treadmills can be folded to save space. Second, these treadmills help transform your shape with Intelligent Weight Management (IWM). IWM uses a digital scale to design customized workouts.
Yowza’s Transformer treadmills include the Sebring and the Osprey. Of the two, the Sebring featured in this treadmill review is more appropriate for runners because of its longer track and more powerful motor. The Osprey is best suited to walkers.
What We Like
- Powerful Motor: The Sebring’s 3.0 HP continuous duty motor provides ample power for long walks and running speeds up to 11 mph. Its flywheel is specially balanced to provide smooth, quiet operation.
- High-End Console: Yowza is known for its ergonomic consoles with nice perks. This unit’s console has a cup holder, two heart rate monitoring systems, an MP3 jack and two high-fidelity speakers.
- Great Program Variety: The Sebring has a convenient quick-start button and lets you adjust the treadmill’s speed, resistance and incline as you go. You can design your own workout program, choose from 16 preset programs or use the patented Intelligent Weight Management program maker. IWM considers data such as age, weight and height to design workouts that help you reach or maintain your ideal weight. A digital scale is included in the treadmill’s purchase price.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Trainees can be sure to stay in their target heart rate zones by using the wireless or hand-grip pulse monitors. A belt is included for the wireless system.
- Low Maintenance Deck: With three layers of lamination, the Yowza Sebring deck is designed for a lifetime of virtually maintenance-free use. Decks on lower-quality treadmills require regular lubrication. The fact that this deck is reversible also helps its longevity.
- Excellent Shock Absorption: Three main features help to provide trainees’ joints. First, the Sebring has a floating deck with multi-durometer elastomer rings. Second, it has variable cushioning. This provides firm support where trainees push off the track and more cushioning where they land. Third, it has a patented swing-arm deck for extra shock absorption.
- Folding Design: The treadmill can be folded to save space in your home. A gas-assisted lifting system makes folding easy.
- Warranty: Although we have seen some customer service complains recently, Yowza’s generous standard warranty leads the industry. It includes a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame, 5 years on parts, and 2 years of in-home labor. Three-year, four-year and five-year service plans can be purchased too. Furthermore, buyers get a 60-day money back guarantee and 90 days of price protection.
Yowza Sebring Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||73" L x 33" W x 55" H|
- Shorter Track: The Sebring’s track is 55″ long. This is too short for taller trainees, especially those who want a treadmill for jogging. Yowza’s longest track is on the Daytona, a treadmill that gets a great review but is non-folding.
- No Fans: Fans definitely help with endurance. Other Yowza consoles have dual fans… It’s odd that they’re missing from this model.
The Sebring, like other Yowza treadmills, gets an above-average review for its high quality parts and excellent warranty. The weight management program, which is something like having a personal trainer who designs custom workouts, gives this treadmill special appeal. This model has the most powerful motor of any folding Yowza treadmill. It’s recommended to shorter and average-height walkers and light runners seeking dependable and ergonomic workout equipment.