What We Like
- Portability: This treadmill can easily be folded with gas-shock assist or a foot lever. It also has wheels for easy transport.
- Stability: Although the Smooth 5.65 treadmill can be folded, customers report that it feels very stable. The maximum user weight is 300 pounds.
- Long track: The 60”x20” track is specially woven to run quietly and adjusts to 15 incline levels. It provides firmer cushioning at the point of push-off and softer cushioning for landing. The treadmill frame and track are specially designed to absorb shock and deflect it from the runner’s body.
- Workout programs: Forty workout modes include 12 speed programs, 14 incline programs, 13 speed/incline programs, and a manual mode.
- Quiet motor: The Smooth 5.65 treadmill has a quiet 2.5 HP motor that provides adequate power for walking and jogging. Its extra-quiet operation is due to an advanced Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) circuit board, a feature that’s normally reserved for commercial treadmill motors.
- Audio: The 5.65 includes an iPod-compatible dock and a deluxe speaker system.
- Extras: The water bottle holder, two-speed workout fan, and reading rack are nice perks for a basic machine.
- Warranty: Smooth brand treadmill warranties are among the best in the industry. This machine is sold with lifetime protection on the frame and motor plus four years on other parts. In-home labor is free for the first year.
- Convenience: Treadmills purchased directly from Smooth Fitness are shipped from one of three North American warehouses for quick delivery.
What We Don’t Like
This treadmill’s speed tops out at 10 mph. Very serious runners would be better off with a treadmill that has more horsepower and reaches 12 mph.
Check out video features of the Smooth 5.65 Treadmill
The updated Smooth 5.65 Treadmill (Folding) is quite possibly the best value in the sub-$1000 treadmill category. It isn’t designed for serious runners or people who weigh more than 300 pounds, but it’s almost sure to satisfy just about any other trainee. Extensive programming, comfortable cushioning, a quiet motor, and a long warranty make this a smart choice for home workout rooms.