NordicTrack Elite 7700 Review
NordicTrack’s Elite 7700 is very similar to the Commercial 2450, but is a model sold by retailers like Sears. This treadmill sells for around $1,750.
The drive system is equipped with a 4.0 HP continuous duty DurX (TM) commercial pro motor that can withstand user weights of up 400 pounds. There is both an incline and decline option, and speeds top out at 12 mph. This model is also designed with a folding frame that uses the SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist technology.
The 22″ x 60″ running area is designed with heavy duty cushioning and the belt is a 2-ply commercial tread belt. The coated 2.5″ precision machined and balanced non-flex rear roller is designed to reduce friction.
The console area is equipped with a 7″ full-color touch screen display that is internet ready. There is also a 15″ integrated HDTV. There are 38 workout programs to choose from with the Elite 7700, and the console is also iFit compatible, so if you have a subscription to the program, you can access tons of workouts or choose from routes powered by Google Maps. The console features a full audio system, designed with smartphone compatibility and built-in speakers. There are also the 1-Touch controls that NordicTrack features on other models. To keep track of your heart rate, there are built-in pulse grip sensors or you can purchase your own chest strap to use the wireless heart rate monitoring system. To listen to music, there is a smartphone compatible music port with built-in speakers. In addition, this console comes with storage space, water bottle holders and a built-in cooling fan.
This model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, with 5 years on parts and electric and 2 years on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: This treadmill is equipped with a convenient folding design using the patented SpaceSaver model with EasyLift Assist.
- Running Area: This model features a very spacious running area at 22″ wide and 60″ long. The average width is somewhere around 20-inches so you will notice that you have more room on this deck. This is a safety and comfort feature.
- Console Area: The overall console area on this model impresses with its spacious, ergonomically-friendly design and multiple amenities that make working out fun and easy. These amenities include things like a cooling fan, storage space, audio options and a full service display screen.
- Powerful Drive System: A 4.0 HP continuous duty motor drives the Elite 7700, which is a heavy duty, reliable motor. This motor will last for quite a while, and there’s even lifetime coverage on the motor.
- Program Variety: This model offers an impressive 38 built-in workout apps, so it’s quite easy to find a program that works for you and your fitness needs. And if you have a subscription to the iFit program, you have even more options with the workout builder program and other professionally designed workouts to choose.
What We Don’t Like:
- Assembly Concerns: This model is a hassle to assemble. It is time consuming and most of the time, you will find yourself on the phone with customer service asking for help.
- HDTV Angle: The 15″ integrated HDTV is an excellent feature, but for taller people, the TV can be pretty difficult to view.
- No Chest Strap: The other Elite models that are cheaper than the Elite 7700 come with their own chest strap for hands-free heart rate monitoring, but this model does not. It is compatible to do so, but no strap included.
The Elite 7700 is a top model by NordicTrack, found in stores like Sears. It’s a reliable treadmill that is favorable for almost anyone, but because the speeds top out at 12 mph, runners who enjoy sprints and interval training may find this to be a problem. Otherwise, the Elite 7700 is a pretty good treadmill with a great warranty. Check out our reviews of other top NordicTrack treadmills with our best buy award-winning machines.