A machine designed for low-impact workouts that are also highly efficient and effective, the TreadClimber TC100 is the brand new entry-level model TreadClimber by BowFlex. As part of this new line of innovative models, the TC100 provides a low-impact, calorie torching workout with it’s unique 3-in-1 design that acts as a treadmill, a stair climber and an elliptical trainer all in one.
Two separate treadles with moving belts (like that of a treadmill) move in an up and down motion to achieve this unique workout experience that can burn up to 2.5x more calories than a traditional treadmill. There is a rear machine step platform for safety, and the weight capacity is 300 pounds. There’s not much information disclosed on the motor in these machines, but based on the decent weight capacity, we can assume it’s a fairly reliable drive system. The TC100 reaches speeds of up to 4.0 mph, ideal for walking.
The console area on the TC100 features an interactive, fully back lit LCD display which is an improvement from the TC10 (which is now discontinued) that featured four smaller separate LCD display screens. This new and improved console also comes with two large cup holders, a more spacious design, and a media holder to keep your favorite devices safely in place while working out. You can track speed, time, distance, and calories burned while monitoring your personal fitness goals using the two customizable user profiles that are included. The TC10 did not even feature personalized options like this, so it’s a step up for sure. In addition, the console is equipped with a dual-purpose USB port that can power up your devices while in use. To monitor your heart rate, there are contact grip sensors conveniently placed on the fixed handlebars. There are no wireless heart rate monitoring options on this model.
The TC100 comes with a two year warranty on the entire machine.
What We Like:
- Unique Design: The 3-in-1 design of the TC100 is an incredibly unique set-up that allows users to enjoy a low-impact workout without compromising a challenging workout. BowFlex even promises that you’ll burn up to 2.5x more calories than you would on a traditional treadmill.
- Compact: In addition to the small footprint and compact design overall, the TC100 is also equipped with transport wheels so it’s easy to move and store this machine as needed. Just because it’s three machines in one doesn’t mean it has to be bulky!
- Price: The TC100 retails for $2,199, which isn’t bad when you consider that you are getting multiple machines in one. And with the new updates to these models, it’s even more affordable with additional features added to enhance the performance and overall comfort.
- Customizable Options: Two user profiles are included with the TC100 so it’s easy to track and store personalized workout data to help you reach and meet your fitness goals.
- Console: The console area on this model is much more spacious and roomier than the former TC10 with oversized cup holders, a media holder, contact grip sensors, and a more attractive design. In addition, the display screen is now one large screen rather than the four small screen set-up on the TC10.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction: While the actual warranty made our “what we don’t like” list, the fact that BowFlex offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, along with their “Worry-Free” warranty that covers 2 years on the entire machine.
BowFlex TreadClimber TC100 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Top Speed:||4 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||57" L x 31.5" W x 59" H|
|Built-In Programs:||4 Electronic Functions|
- Warranty: As noted above, we love that BowFlex brand offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but just 2 years coverage is not impressive. Typically, for models at this price point (and by reputable brands like BowFlex), you can expect at least a lifetime coverage on the frame.
- Console Area: While there have been many improvements made to the new TC100 model console from the former TC10 model, the console area is still lacking some basic features like a built-in cooling fan, full audio offerings, and entertainment features.
- Program Variety: The TC100 did not come with improvements to program variety, and this model still comes with a shabby offering of workout programs.
The TreadClimber models are best selling 3-in-1 cardio machines that yield fast, efficient results. The TC100 makes some impressive improvements from the TC10 (which is now discontinued), specifically with the console area, and it’s still fairly affordable as well. While the warranty could use some work, as well as some other issues like shabby program variety, this model is an ideal machine for anyone seeking a low-impact workout. We would not recommend the TC100 to runners, but otherwise, it’s a unique, reliable machine from a reputable brand.