The drive system features a 2.6 HP continuous duty motor and can withstand user weights of up to 300 pounds. This treadmill also features a folding frame that uses the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist technology. The 20″ wide and 55″ long running belt is equipped with FlexSelect Cushioning, which can be turned on or off depending on user preferences. This treadmill will incline up to 10% and the speed capacity tops out at 10 mph.
The console comes with a small 5″ LED back lit display that provides users with 20 built-in and customizable workout programs. If you have a subscription to the iFit program, you can also access hundreds of other workouts and programs, as well as routes powered by Google Maps. The console features one-touch controls as well as arrow keys, and there is a built-in audio system that comes complete with MP3 compatibility and built-in speakers. To monitor heart rate, there is a pulse grip option but not a wireless option.
This model comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 years on the motor, 1 year on parts and 1 year on labor.
What We Like:
- FlexSelect Cushioning: This shock-absorption system allows users to personalize their workout experience with the ability to turn the cushioning on or off. When it’s off, the deck is more rigid and simulates running or walking outdoors. When it’s on, the deck is more cushioned and supportive for greater joint support.
- Program Variety: NordicTrack delivers when it comes to program variety. This model, despite the price tag, still offers 20 workout programs. Most models at this price point offer fewer than 10 programs, if that. This model is also iFit compatible, which offers hundreds of additional program options if you have the iFit subscription.
- Folding Design: This model uses the patented SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist so you can easily fold the treadmill in just one step. The deck reclines on its own, so there is no need for heavy lifting or bending.
- Price: This is one of the most inexpensive treadmills offered by NordicTrack, for just under $600. This is a budget-friendly price for sure.
NordicTrack T 6.5Z Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||55" x 20"|
|Top Speed:||0-10 MPH|
- Noisy Motor: As with other NordicTrack models that are on the cheap side, when in operation, this model can be pretty loud.
- Minimalistic Console: You get what you pay for when it comes to the console offerings on this model. This treadmill lacks basics like a cooling fan and storage space, so it’s difficult to store phone, keys, etc. or read a book while working out.
- Speed and Incline: The speed and incline offerings on this model are shabby. 10 mph and 10% incline isn’t too great, especially if you want to run or do interval training.
This model is very similar to the NordicTrack T6.5S, except it’s about $10-$20 more. We aren’t sure why both of these models exist, but this model really only offers customizable programs as the only obvious difference between the two. So, our review of the T6.5S and this T 6.5Z are pretty much the same. It’s not a bad treadmill, and the price is great, but there are other more heavy duty treadmills out there if you are willing to spend a little more. If you want to check out some inexpensive models that are a little pricier than this one, read our reviews of the best cheap treadmills.