LifeSpan TR1200-GlowUp Under Desk
This Treadmill Could Be For You If You Want:
- A well-built office treadmill to store beneath your desk
- A treadmill designed for walking
- A quiet treadmill motor designed especially for the office
- Options for different consoles and all the features of Bluetooth
If it seems you live in your office, or perhaps do work from home, the idea of an under-the-desk treadmill has probably crossed your mind once or twice. Designed to slide beneath the desk and roll out whenever needed, or used with an upright desk, these units are just what the doctor ordered when it comes to battling the sedentary lifestyle.
Into the foray comes the LifeSpan TR1200 GlowUp Under Desk treadmill by LifeSpan. If you’ve never heard of them, the company is worth a look as they’ve been specializing in office fitness equipment for 20 years. With a full range of bikes, ellipticals, rowers, and the desks to match, they’re a great partner in the move toward remote employment. This TR1200 is a step up in offerings and down in price relative to the LifeSpan TR5000-DT7 we’ve reviewed here.
Regularly priced at $1,799, the unit can be found at a discount with specials from time to time, or at other online retailers. Full-sized treadmills can be had for that amount but you can’t move them about as easily. Consider though that this unit comes with a 10-year frame warranty with two for parts and one for labor, which puts it in the same category as your better brands. It’s definitely for serious walkers who want an office workout, as opposed to causal users.
Built with an office-friendly Whisper-Quiet 2.25 HP continuous duty motor, it features six impact-absorbing shocks to further dampen walking noise. Unlike other roll-away treadmills, this machine is Bluetooth-enabled and offers integrated step counting, customizable personal settings, and can work with a console or perhaps another app of your own choice.
The TR1200 also features two different console options for buyers. The Retro Console offers personalized settings and a red LED display. Speed settings range up to 4mph with silence beeps, alerts, a function to resume a previous speed, and units of measure in both metric and imperial. This console measures 3.5″ x 13″ x 2.25″ and reads out distance traveled, calories burned, time, step count, and belt speed. The Retro Console features an Intelli-Guard function which automatically pauses the walking belt once you step off.
The Omni Console features a display measuring 8.1″ x 5.7″ x 3.2″ reads out with data including time, date, speed, distance, exercise time, calories, steps, and a workout summary. Bluetooth-enabled, the Omni Console can sync your data to the LifeSpan Club app and also features the Intelli-Guard safety function.
Check out our review here of Best Treadmills for Walkers if you’re interested in high-quality machines for folks other than marathon runners. In the meantime, continue below to see if the LifeSpan TR1200 can help you step up your place in the corporate rat race.
What We Like:
- Motor: The LifeSpan TR1200 features a 2.25 CHP motor which is perfect for frequent walking and long distances.
- Console Options: This treadmill comes with two different console options, the Retro and Omni, each with different options.
- Walking Speeds: This treadmill offers speeds up to 4mph.
- Quality Deck: Measuring 20″ x 50″ this unit provides ample space for a walking pace and stride. It’s built with six independent compression shocks for absorption and noise control. The deck measures 3/4″ and is double ply.
- Compact Size: The unit measures 63″ x 28.5″ x 7.25″ and is built with two-fronted transport wheels. The machine itself weighs 114 lbs with a console at 3lbs. It’s easy to move around the office or home.
- Weight Max: This treadmill sports and impressive user weight maximum of 350 lbs.
- Warranty: The manufacturer offers a guarantee of 10 years for the frame, two years for parts, and one year for labor.
LifeSpan TR1200-GlowUp Under Desk - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20" x 50"|
|Top Speed:||4 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||63" L x 28.5" W x 7.25" H|
What We Don’t Like:
- Pricey: At $1,799 regularly priced, this is not for the casual user. Full-sized treadmills can be had in that range.
- No Incline: As a desk treadmill, this unit doesn’t offer incline or decline.
If you’re a serious walker and can’t get out of the office, the LifeSpan TR1200 might be for you. A little pricier than perhaps you thought, it brings a solid warranty and terrific engineering. You get what you pay for after all. The LifeSpan community app is designed to work with this unit, although if you’re a working person, you might just want to stroll while typing. Either way, I’d give this a heart thumbs up if you’re serious about fitness in the workplace.
- Compact size perfect for desks
- Quiet motor
- Good shock absorbers
- Solid warranty
- No Incline
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this treadmill quiet enough for an office?
Yes, the motor is specifically designed for office work.
Does this unit have rollers?
Yes, the wheels are mounted on the front and it's easy to move.
Does this treadmill come with an app?
Yes, LifeSpan has an associated app for the unit.
How much does this unit weigh?
The treadmill weighs about 114lbs.
Can I get a good workout walking in my office?
Absolutely! Walking is consistently proven to be a great form of exercise no matter where you do it.