LifeSpan TR1200i Review
Well-built yet affordable, the LifeSpan TR1200i treadmill is a highly recommended machine. This home treadmill has an incline, comes loaded with workout options, saves exercise data for easy tracking online, and even provides speakers to blast your MP3s. Read on to learn why this folding treadmill has won multiple awards from professional treadmill reviewers and consumer groups.
What We Like:
- Ample Programming: Seventeen preset programs, two heart rate control programs, and two user-controlled programs provide an excellent workout variety. People with LifeSpan Fitness Club memberships can download customized workouts as well.
- Intensity Options: In addition to choosing from 15 incline levels, trainees can choose three intensity levels for the preset programs.
- Good Belt Quality: Since it’s two-ply and moves along wide rollers, this belt is more durable than that of other starter treadmills. It’s supported by shock absorbers and a cushioned deck.
- Good Belt Length: The 20-inch x 56-inch treadbelt is long enough for most walking or jogging strides. Some people will need a longer track for running though. Longer tracks are available on other LifeSpan treadmills in this series.
- Motorized Incline: LifeSpan equipped the TR1200i exercise ramp with more than enough power. That’s important since some brands choose weak motors that won’t endure. Fifteen incline levels are available.
- Powerful Motor: The 2.5 CHP motor with lifetime warranty is equivalent to other brands’ 2.25 HP motors. It provides ample power for long jogs and doesn’t cause the track to stutter during speed changes.
- High Speed: This treadmill’s top speed is 11 mph. Most treadmills top out at 10 mph.
- Data Storage: This unique treadmill feature saves workout data to a USB. A trainee can then go online to view detailed reports about his or her exercise or get customized workout plans.
- Audio Entertainment: High-fidelity speakers, a headphone jack, and a smartphone port help make time fly on the TR1200i.
- Handbar Controls: Convenient buttons on the handlebars can adjust workout intensity or activate a heart rate monitor.
- High Capacity: The weight limit is 300 pounds.
- Compact Size: Fold this machine vertically to save space. When folded, it requires only 39″ x 33″ of floor space.
- Very Good Warranty: Customers get lifetime protection on the frame and motor, three years on parts, and one year of labor.
LifeSpan TR1200i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 56"|
|Top Speed:||11 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70" L x 33" W x 54" H|
- No Fan: You’re bound to overheat without a fan, so be sure to plug one in alongside this treadmill.
- A Paid Service: LifeSpan’s data tracking service is only provided for four months with new LifeSpan treadmills. After that, you need to pay for a subscription. This is mildly annoying, but we admit that the customized workouts are worth the low subscription fee. A lifetime membership is just $69.
Watch Our Video Review Of The LifeSpan TR1200i Treadmill
We’re big fans of this LifeSpan treadmill and its fancier siblings (the TR3000i, TR4000i, and so forth). The built-in routines are definitely above-average and $69 is a low price to pay for a lifetime of additional customized workouts. We also like the incline. It makes a big difference to the calorie burn process and toning different muscle groups. Unless you’re a tall runner or exceed 300 pounds, this machine will fit you well. Check out the more expensive LifeSpan treadmills if you require a higher-capacity treadmill.