Recently updated the F85 is the most advanced Sole folding treadmill in terms of digital tech too; this model has a 10.1-inch graphic workout display, a secure tablet holder, and a Bluetooth connection that lets a tablet serve as the workout monitor and share session data with wireless apps. The Sole F85’s sale price includes a five-year warranty on parts and electronics, making it a best buy under $2,000.
What We Like:
- High quality parts: The F85 is Sole’s highest quality folding treadmill. Patterned after a Sole treadmill made for elite hotels, it’s more than capable of meeting cardio training needs in a home gym for many years.
- Motor: Like club treadmills the Sole F85 has a quiet 4.0 CHP motor. The machine smoothly supports sprints of up to 12 mph and a maximum user weight of 400 pounds.
- Track: All Sole treadmills currently have two-ply tracks that require little maintenance. The F85 also has some of the largest track rollers in the industry, 2.75″ in diameter, which promote quiet operation and machine longevity.
- Deck: CushionFlex Whisper Deck technology can reduce joint impact by up to 40% when compared with outdoor training surfaces. It also exceeds the impact reduction offered by many other fitness brands. In addition to cushioning the impact of running, Sole’s top treadmill deck muffles the sound of running to be more home-friendly.
- Incline: The track has 30 levels of incline, topping out at an impressive 15% grade to help trainees focus on different muscles in the lower body.
- Console: Workout data are displayed on an easy-to-read 10.1″ screen with graphic display and white background. This is an upgrade over last year’s F85 treadmill screen, which is a 9″ LCD. Ten programs including manual mode are available to support cardio training, weight loss and muscle toning. Two users can store profiles and save customized programs for quick-start convenience too. A scrolling message center helps make workout setup and selection easy.
- Audio: Sole treadmills are compatible with bluetooth connected devices which makes music listening extremely convenient.
- Foldable: The F85 Treadmill can quickly be folded to save space. Folding is made easy with hydraulic assist, and unfolding is gentle with a soft-drop system. In both positions the treadmill is securely locked for children’s safety.
- Safety Lanyard: The trainee can use an automatic cord system to stop the treadmill in case they slip. The treadmill also has a stop button.
- Extras: The F85 has a wireless heart rate monitor that has been deemed 99.9% accurate. It calculates target heart rate based on age, gender and other variables. Touch pulse sensors are included too. Console fans help users extend their exercise time, and incline and speed controls are built into the armrests.
- Warranties: Sole warranties are among the best in the business. The sale price for the new F85 includes a lifetime warranty on the frame, motor and deck. Customers also get a five-year warranty on electronics and parts and two years of in-home labor.
Sole F85 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||83" L x 37" W x 57 H|
- Limited programming: All foldable Sole treadmills have 10 program modes including room for user-designed programs.
- Size: This treadmill can fold but it isn’t space-saving when in use. It’s 80″ long.
- Short Siderails: The handrails provided for stability aren’t as long as some runners would like.
See Our Video Review of the Sole F85 Treadmill (2015 Model)
Sole treadmills in general are highly recommended. Customers get top-notch customer service and the peace of mind that comes with owning quality equipment. This particular model is the most advanced in the lineup, and Sole isn’t overreaching when they claim it’s the world’s best folding treadmill. Still, not everybody requires 4.0 CHP for cardio training. Many shoppers could be just as happy with the cheaper F80.