The A35T comes with a 3.5 HP commercial-grade eon drive motor, Energy Return Cushioning joint support, and a large 20″ x 60″ non-stretch 2-ply commercial belt. This belt operates on large rollers in the front and rear of the machine at 2.5″ in the front and 3″ in the rear. The weight capacity is at 400 pounds, max user weight. This model is also equipped with a folding design that uses Easy-Lift Assist Technology.
This model allows users to both incline and decline, with an incline capability of up to 15% and decline capability of -3 to 0%. Users can also reach speeds of up to 12 mph.
The adjustable console area features a 7″ color touchscreen display that is web-enabled and built with iFit compatibility, powered by Google Maps. Users can choose from 40 built-in workout programs and access to 4 user ids to keep workout information separately stored. In addition, this console provides the basics like a 4″ cooling, two 3″ speakers, smartphone compatibility and a docking station. If you want to monitor your heart rate, you have two choices. You an use the EKG contact grips built into the hand grips or the wireless chest strap that is provided.
The warranty on this model includes lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, with 5 years on parts and 2 years on labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: This model is equipped with a folding design that uses Easy-Lift Assist Technology. Folding treadmills are excellent for in-home use, and this model offers an easy-to-use folding frame.
- Active Adjust Console: Few other brands will offer models with adjustable consoles, so this feature is definitely one we like. This adjustable console is ideal because users of varying heights can make easy changes to be able to read and use the console.
- Fitness Tracking Features: This model is iFit ready, which means you have access to iFit interactive training programs. You can access celebrity workouts, run routes around the world with Google Maps and store/track personalized workout data. However; the subscription is sold separately.
- Program Variety: Users can choose from an impressive 40 preset workout programs, and have access to 4 user Ids to keep personal workout information separately stored.
- Decline Capability: A decline option is an excellent feature that not all treadmills will offer. This model will decline from -3 to 0%, which is beneficial for anyone who wants to simulate varying terrain.
- Price: To find a model under $1500 with so many performance and entertainment features is rare, so this is a bonus for the A35T model.
- Warranty: We always like to see lifetime warranties, and this model comes with lifetime coverage on the frame.
What We Don’t Like:
- Lacks an Accessories Tray: Despite the fully loaded console, there is no storage space or an accessories tray to place your keys, phone, etc.
- Shorter Handrails: The handrails on this model are fairly short, which can be a safety or comfort issue for people who like to use the handrails to stabilize themselves.
The Epic A35T is an affordable mid-range treadmill will many features that make it an ideal treadmill for users of all shapes, sizes and skill level. The console offers something for everyone, and the advanced fitness tracking options make it easy to track and meet fitness goals. We don’t have too many bad things to say about the A35T, but you also may want to consider other models under $1500 that made our best buy list.