XTERRA TRX3500 Treadmill Review
Main specifications for the XTERRA TRX3500 Treadmill include a 60” x 20” workout surface, a 3.0 horsepower drive, and power incline to 12 percent. The exercise track is thick for the price, which helps minimize noise, and the belt has a top speed of 12 mph. Working together these specs create a comfortable treadmill for all exercise intensities.
The TRX3500 console supports great workout variety with 30 preset programs. Each program can be customized as described in the “What We Like” section of this review below. Like all new XTERRA treadmill consoles, this unit is also compatible with a wireless chest strap for use with a heart rate controlled workout program. The wireless heart rate control feature is rare on treadmills under $1,000.
All XTERRA treadmills are self-folding to conserve floor space. Unfolded the TRX3500 has a footprint about 77” long and 35” wide, which is a typical size for home treadmills for runners.
What We Like:
- Low Price: With promotional prices in effect XTERRA home treadmills are among this year’s lowest priced options with good quality. The new TRX3500 Treadmill is sale priced $899 including shipping, and sometimes an additional discount is posted at XTERRA’s website.
- Attractive Design: New XTERRA treadmills have attractive nickel-colored frames instead of the usual basic black. The TRX3500, though large enough for running, also manages to look sleek when folded upright for storage.
- Folding Frame: XTERRA treadmills make it easy to reclaim floor space after cardio training. The TRX3500 is a folding treadmill, and hydraulics automate the fold-up process.
- Two-Ply Exercise Belt: XTERRA workout belts are two-ply and visibly thicker than the typical belts on discount treadmills. Thick belts help treadmills operate quietly.
- Power Incline: All the benefits of incline training are available at the push of a button. The TRX3500 has power incline with a maximum slope of 12 percent.
- Convenient Controls: Controls for speed and incline are built into the handlebars as well as the console.
- Adjustable Cushioning: XTERRA treadmill decks feature two settings for shock deflection. You can run with cushioning or deactivate the suspension for a more roadlike training surface.
- Built-In Workout Programs: Thirty preset programs can control the track speed and incline to help you exercise efficiently. The default program length is 30 minutes, but you can adjust the time with settings from five to 99 minutes. This treadmill model also supports two user profiles. Each user can save two customized workout programs.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: The TRX3500 Treadmill offers pulse-controlled workouts. It has stainless steel contact pulse readers, and it’s compatible with a wireless chest strap. (The chest strap is sold separately.) The treadmill’s preset heart rate control program has the default of helping you exercise at your target heart rate according to the formula (220 – age) x 0.6. You can adjust the target heart rate.
- Guarantee: XTERRA treadmills have 60-day money back guarantees.
XTERRA TRX3500 Treadmill Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 12%|
|Running Area:||22” x 60” 0|
|Top Speed:||0-12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||77.2" L x 35.5" W x 56.1" H|
- Plastic Rails: Like most treadmills under $1000, this unit has plastic siderails. For comparison the XTERRA TRX4500 has aluminum rails alongside its track.
- Maintenance Required: Like other discount treadmills this machine requires track lubrication for smooth operation. You’ll need to spend about ten minutes on this process for every 180 miles of exercise.
- Delivery Time: XTERRA fitness machines can only be delivered on weekdays. The delivery time choices might not be convenient for your schedule
XTERRA’s TRX3500 is easily a top deal for the $899 sale price. Its long list of good features includes: a 3.0 HP drive and long track; 12 percent power incline; 30 preset training programs for two user profiles; Bluetooth data export; stereo speakers; a self-folding frame; and more! Bundled with a free two-year parts warranty and free in-home labor, it’s a bargain compared with others under $900.
In our review the XTERRA TRX3500 Treadmill only pales in comparison to the TRX4500, which has significant upgrades for just $100 more when sale prices are in effect.