Editors Note: We discovered a workaround to save another $35 off the lowest sale price of this treadmill (even lower than Amazon). Here’s how (read all steps):
- Click this link to visit the T101 product page
- You’ll be prompted by a popup, sign up for the email list
- By signing up, they’ll provide a 5% off coupon code to use at checkout
*You can also access that e-mail signup page directly here.
Horizon Fitness distributes low-cost treadmills and other home fitness equipment. The entry-level Horizon T101 treadmill now costs less than $700 and is one of the best-selling in the industry at this price. It is a great entry-level treadmill with a respectable warranty. It is relatively small and can be easily folded for storage. Some top features include an incline, a speaker system for playing MP3s, and nine built-in programs.
The T101 is Horizon’s best seller, however the Horizon Adventure 3, Adventure 5, Elite T7 and finally the Elite T9 are their higher-end machines that are worth taking a look at if you can increase your budget.
What We Like
- Price: Horizon treadmills are priced for people with smaller workout budgets. This unit was launched with an MSRP under $800 and the best price is usually online.
- Warranty: The two-year parts warranty is quite respectable for an inexpensive treadmill. The lifetime warranty on the frame and motor is excellent and hard to find in this price category.
- Audio: The speaker system and port for an MP3 player help make workouts fly by.
- Exercise programs: The nine built-in programs are enough to keep beginning exercisers challenged. Choose from time, distance, and calorie goal programs and manual, interval, and weight loss workouts.
- Incline: To help make workouts more efficient, the T101’s track inclines up to 10%. Feel the burn!
- Heart rate monitoring: You can easily monitor your pulse with the dual grip monitoring system.
- Console: Horizon consoles are user-friendly and good-looking. The T101’s gray console has three data windows with soft orange LED lighting. A cooling fan is included.
- Portability: This treadmill can be folded for easy storage and transport.
- Stability: Unlike many other budget treadmills, the T101 can support up to 300 pounds.
Horizon T101 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70" L x 34" W x 55 H|
- Short track: The 20″ x 55″ treadbelt is a great improvement over the Evolve SG’s tiny 17″ x 45″ running area. Still, it’s not long enough for very tall exercisers. Horizon’s Adventure 5, which costs about $500 more, has a 60” track
- Motor: The 2.25 HP motor is suitable for walking and jogging, but isn’t necessarily for hardcore runners. It supports speeds up to 10 mph. You might find that a larger machine with a larger motor will provide a smoother experience.
- Cushioning: The cushioning is OK but nothing to boast about. If you’ll be jogging a lot on your treadmill, consider getting the Adventure 3 or Adventure 5 treadmill. They have a better drive system, display and warranty that will pay off in the long run.
Check out video features of the Horizon T101 Treadmill!
The T101 is ideal for someone who’s beginning a fitness regime or wants to focus on light to moderate workouts. The nine programs provide exposure to different types of treadmill workouts, and many exercisers find themselves more motivated to work out when they can easily listen to podcasts or MP3s. Plus, Horizon’s 2-year warranty on parts is pretty good. Some budget treadmills have just 90-day parts warranties.
The Horizon T101 rates above average, but don’t be misled. It’s great for what it is: a budget walking treadmill.