The LK500Ti Treadmill bridges the gap between BH Fitness’s home treadmills and commercial treadmills. It’s especially designed for light commercial facilities but is also sold with a residential warranty.
This unit has a 425-pound user weight capacity. It features a 4 HP motor, variable cushioning, and an i.Concept console with 12 built-in programs. Parts are protected for 10 years with residential use.
What We Like:
- Console: A highlight of the LK500Ti Treadmill is its 7″ i.Concept console with touchscreen. i.Concept combines entertainment and fitness in several ways. First, you can use traditional treadmill training programs such as Hills, Fat Burning, Warm Up and Cool Down. Second, you can play motivational games that are already built into the console. There are 12 programs and games to choose from in all. Third, i.Concept lets you download new training apps via Bluetooth if you connect an Apple or Android. A final option is attaching your iPad and using it instead of the console. This will let you access more of the Internet during treadmill workouts.
- Motor: The quiet 4 HP DC treadmill motor provides ample power for light commercial settings. It has a lifetime residential warranty and a five-year warranty for light commercial gyms.
- Extra-Wide Workout Area: The BH Fitness LK500Ti Treadmill’s running surface measures 22″ wide by 60″ long. Compared with most commercial treadmills, it provides two extra inches of width. Another high-end feature is the 3” treadmill belt rollers. These are larger than average, and bigger rollers help extend track life.
- Advanced Cushioning: BH’s Active-Flex suspension technology combines a firm area for push-off with a more impact-absorbing landing zone. Runners in particular will notice how this special cushioning helps improve endurance.
- Low Maintenance: BH uses an exclusive phenolic resin for low maintenance. The result is that the treadmill track arrives lubricated for about two years’ worth of workouts. After that, it needs to be re-waxed to continue running smoothly. For comparison, many home treadmills need to be lubricated much more frequently. On the other hand, full commercial treadmills generally don’t need to be lubricated at all; they are sold with enough waxing for life.
- Speed: The LK500Ti, like the LK700Ti, supports speeds of up to 12.5 mph. The other treadmills in this series have max speeds of 12 mph. The lowest speed on each is .5 mph.
- Wireless Heart Rate Compatible: This treadmill can receive heart rate data from a Polar® wireless chest strap (sold separately). Contact heart rate grips are included.
- 15% Incline: A zero to 15% incline adds variety to exercise while helping to simulate outdoor conditions. Exercising on an incline gives a great advantage over traditional treadmill walking or running: It recruits different muscle groups and significantly increases metabolic rate.
- Weight Capacity: The LK500Ti Treadmill has a maximum user weight of 425 pounds. The machine weighs about 320 pounds.
- Safety Key: A safety key is permanently affixed to the console. It helps prevent accidents resulting from unauthorized treadmill use.
- Extras: As a light commercial treadmill, the LK500Ti includes the extras that club members expect: a workout fan (with two speeds!), an accessory rack and a beverage holder.
- Medical Rails Ready: Holes are already drilled into the treadmill for medical rails, in case you’d like to add them. However, this shouldn’t be considered a medical treadmill. For one thing, its lowest speed is 0.5 mph, which is too fast for some people getting physical therapy.
- Warranty:Light commercial and residential warranties are available. Both are good matches for the machine’s quality. The light commercial warranty includes, among other things, a five-year guarantee on the parts and motor. The residential warranty includes a lifetime guarantee for the motor and ten years of coverage for parts.
What We Don’t Like:
Overall Size: With a footprint of 33” x 80.5”, this unit is larger than most treadmills we review. It isn’t the best choice for a gym that needs to conserve floor space. On the other hand, it’s not so large when compared with the BH Fitness LK700Ti, which is about 12″ longer.
- No Decline: All that’s missing here is an automatic decline. Unlike inclines, declines aren’t found on most treadmills. One treadmill to check out though is the NordicTrack Commercial 1750. It has a 3% decline and a 15% incline. Like the BH Fitness treadmill in this review, it has a 7″ touchscreen console.
BH Fitness is a top fitness machine manufacturer and consistently earns five-star reviews. The LK500Ti Treadmill is no exception: The motor is strong and quiet, the orthopedic track will endure, and the Bluetooth hookup means that new possibilities are always available. The LK500Ti is a great choice for light commercial settings. For residential customers, it’s a nice upgrade from a standard home treadmill.