ProForm Performance 600i Review
Treadmills are ideal indoor workout trainers to use at home, especially those that can fold up for storage so that you don’t have to sacrifice an entire room to stay healthy. The Performance 600i by ProForm offers this convenience along with many other features that will make your home exercise routine simple and satisfying.
Affordable and designed to help you reach your personal workout goals, the 600i comes with impressive program variety, iFit compatibility, and a unique Round Watts LED display that will keep you on track.
What We Like:
- Price: Marked down from its original price of $2,299, you can purchase the Performance 600i for a mere $799. ProForm is known for producing quality fitness equipment with long warranties and reliable designs. So it could be the best $800 you ever spend.
- Easy Folding Design: Take your treadmill from the closet to the living room in seconds! Using the popular SpaceSaver design with EasyLift Assist, almost anyone can fold or unfold this machine. Even better, this model doesn’t sacrifice a solid and sturdy running deck for it’s folding design.
- Advanced Shock Absorption System: Thanks to the four shock absorbers in the advanced ProShox Cushioning System, you can run, walk, or job with support and comfort. The entire deck is cushioned and boasts a thick and durable tread belt. You don’t want a treadmill that will require time consuming maintenance, so the durability and quality of the tread belt is quite important.
- Incline/Speed Controls: Enjoy an incline of up 12% and speeds of up to 12 mph with the 600i. Crank up the incline and feel the burn or sprint your way to weight loss. This is a versatile machine that allows for intense calorie torching workouts for walkers and runners.
- Round Watts LED Display: The LED display is really basic and easy to read, so it’s an ideal choice if you find traditional workout readouts are too confusing. You won’t find a lot of “bells and whistles” on this console, but not everyone needs a flashy display.
- iFit Compatibility: iFit is an interactive program that will keep you motivated while working out. In addition to hundreds of unique workout programs, you can also follow vibrant routes powered by Google Maps. You might even forget you’re indoors while virtually traveling through scenic routes from around the globe! Advanced fitness tracking can also sync to your favorite devices, which will stay steady and secure in the integrate tablet holder on the console.
- Program Variety: ProForm is known for their great program variety and this model ships with 22 built-in workout apps that offer a wide range of options like heart rate based programs, interval programs, weight loss programs, and more.
- Warranty: Lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, along with 2 years coverage on parts and 1 year on labor. An impressive package for this price point.
ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 – 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||59.25" L x 36.63" W x 79.62" H|
- Lacks A Traditional Display Screen: Most treadmills feature display screens that organize your workout readout data in boxes at the top or sides of the screen, separated and labeled. The 600i has a slightly non-traditional display screen with a Watts Meter. Some people don’t like this set up and find it difficult to locate information like calories burned, time elapsed, programs, etc. Make sure to check it out in advance and decide if it will work for you.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: We like to see at least the option for wireless heart rate monitoring, but no such luck with this treadmill. There are dual-grip sensors on the handlebars but they are very small and often inaccurate. If you want better heart rate monitoring results, consider downloading a phone app or consider another model in this series that offers better heart monitoring options.
- Weaker Motor: This model has one of the weakest motors out of all the treadmills by ProForm. It is a quality motor, but not too powerful. The machine works best at low speeds, so is likely better for walkers than runners.
- Lacking Console Area: The 600i could use some work when it comes to the console. It lacks a USB charging port, storage space, and a traditional display screen. The cup holders are also pretty narrow and might not fit every water bottle.
- Shorter Arm Rails: Many treadmills by ProForm suffer from this problem, but we like to see longer arms for both safety and ease of use. If you are doing sprints, or if you are a taller person, you might notice the shorter arm rails but not everyone finds this to be an issue.
See ProForm’s Promotional Video of the Performance 600i
The ProForm Performance 600i is a basic mid-range treadmill from a well-known brand. It’s certainly not the best treadmill available from ProForm, but it’s also far from the worst. This model is at least quite versatile and affordable. You can use the machine for light running, walking, or jogging. Since it’s a folding frame model, it also has a small footprint when not in use. A good machine for some planning on adding a light exorcize routine to their lifestyle, but certainly nothing special.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
ProForm Performance 600i FAQs
Can you use the ProForm Performance 600i with or without iFit?
Yes, you can use this treadmill with or without an iFit subscription. The treadmill is iFit enabled allowing you to access hundreds of workouts and other features with a subscription to iFit. You can also use the treadmill in manual mode or take advantage of 22 built-in workout programs without iFit.
What is the size of the ProForm Performance 600i?
The ProForm Performance 600i is 59.25" L x 36.63" W x 79.62" H.
How much does the ProForm Performance 600i weigh?
The product weight is about 225 lbs. with a user weight capacity of 325 lbs.