We’re big fans of ProForm’s Thinline Pro for the office. Proform offers a Standard and a Pro Thinline Treadmill Desk. It can be folded upright to take little space, but it packs a lot of power with 3HP. The workout variety actually makes this suitable as an everyday home treadmill for walkers too. Our only caution is that the track isn’t especially cushioned for runners.
This unit includes an impressive 40 workout apps with targeted coaching. Taken with the top speed of 12 mph, a 12% incline and a 3% decline, these apps provide ample enough variety for just about anyone.
Enabling iFit costs extra but is a popular choice. The iFit®-enabled interactive technology lets you chart routes with Google Maps™! When you walk or run these routes, your desk treadmill will automatically incline or decline its track to mimic the natural terrain. You can also access virtual personal training from celebrity trainers. Download as many new workouts as you’d like.
Engaging features and a long warranty conspire to make the Thinline Pro a popular addition to the modern office.
What We Like:
- No assembly: That’s right! It’s rare to find a treadmill that’s ready to go upon arrival. Just unpack the product and get to your workout.
- Adjustable: Almost any adult can use this treadmill desk comfortably; the Thinline Pro’s work surface can be moved a full 14″ up and down. Also, you can set a tablet computer upright on the treadmill, or close the tablet holding area to make a surface for your laptop computer.
- iFit: iFit® technology is accessible without purchasing an iFit module. (That’s not the case with older ProForm treadmills) iFit virtually takes you around the world when you set a route on the console’s browser. Tapping into Google Maps™, the ProForm Thinline Pro automatically simulates every hill and dip! Plus, you can access unlimited workouts planned by celebrity trainers, automatically track your fitness progress, experience a scenic coastline route via high definition video, and customize your workout plan to match your fitness goals.
- Incline and decline: We’d love for every treadmill to have incline and decline! The ProForm Thinline Pro Desk Treadmill has a 12% incline and 3% decline. You might stimulate muscles and define muscles that you didn’t know you had. Exercising over changing terrain also speeds up metabolic rate. Trainees who choose iFit memberships can get excellent incline training workouts for the treadmill from celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels.
- Cooling fan: A fan might not seem so important, but it makes a big difference to endurance. ProForm’s CoolAire fan can be set to a few different speeds or turned off if you prefer.
- Motor: The 3.0 HP Mach Z™ Commercial Plus Motor delivers more than enough power for interval training, speed training or endurance training.
- Size: This Thinline Pro is unobtrusive. It can be stored upright and is just about 12″ thick when folded. At the same time, the track is 60″ long and 22″ wide! It has more surface area than most regular treadmill tracks.
- Safety feature: When buying a treadmill, it’s wise to keep curious pets and children – as well as your own human fallibility — in mind. The ProForm treadmill desk can only be activated with a safety key. Also, to help keep trainees safe, the key can be used with a lanyard such that the machine turns off if the user slips.
- Warranty: The Thinline treadmill desk is underwritten by a generous lifetime frame and motor warranty, a five-year parts warranty and a two-year labor warranty.
ProForm Thinline Pro Treadmill Desk Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||54.9" L x 80.6" W x 35" H|
- Small rollers: Track rollers are slightly smaller than average at 1.9″ in diameter. We’d expect this to bring relatively quick wear on the track… On the other hand, desk treadmills usually aren’t worked out as hard as others.
- Grip heart rate monitor: The Pro desk treadmill has a dual grip heart rate monitor. Gripping the sensors will give a readout, ideally to help a trainee stay within their optimum training zone. The problem is that grip heart rate monitors aren’t as accurate as wireless heart rate monitors.
- Cushioning: Cushioning on this unit is certainly adequate for walking, which is what users likely do in the office. It’s not the best choice for regularly running.
More Review Features of the ProForm Thinline Pro Treadmill Desk on video!
Overall we’re impressed by the ProForm Thinline Pro and would welcome one in the home office. This unit is also highly recommended as a compact treadmill for any residential customer. Just keep in mind that it’s not the best choice for runners. Runners should choose treadmills that deflect more shock but over all we give it 4.5 stars.