The Smart Pro 2000 residential treadmill is the 2019 edition of the ProForm Pro 2000, which has received good reviews and become a customer favorite. The Smart Pro is sure to receive the same acclaim. It comes with a few upgrades and new features in line with the demands of contemporary fitness. To put things into perspective, the Pro series is ProForm’s top treadmill and the Smart Pro 2000 is the entry level unit in that collection.
The 7″ Smart HD touchscreen console is large enough to use without disrupting your workout. It comes with high definition trainer-led workout videos from around the world. Compatible with the iFit Coach app and Google Maps, you can use the machine to virtually run across various terrains from around the globe, all enhanced by the HD display (the first year of your iFit subscription is included in the cost of the machine). The treadmill also includes 50 built-in workout programs. There are more than enough options to challenge any fitness level while keeping workout sessions fresh and exciting.
The treadmill’s incline works in sync with the built-in workouts and apps, automatically shifting to compliment the resistance levels in the workout programs or the elevation of the virtual iFit terrains. The incline/decline feels very real, especially useful for those who also run outdoors or are training for an outdoor marathon or race. The roomy 60″ x 22″ track also adds to the pleasure of your workout, feeling far lest cramped than the standard 55″ residential treadmill. The ProShox Cushioning built into the tracks limits the impact on knees and joints, which is important for the ongoing health of regular and serious runners.
The 3.5 CHP Mach Z Commercial Pro makes this treadmill worthwhile for walkers and joggers as well as runners. You can run from 0-12 MPH on the machine. Aligning speed with the resistance levels can make your workouts challenging and allow you to build and tone muscles while burning more calories.
Additional features include an easily accessible heart rate sensor, and a tablet holder. For some, the most important feature will be the sound system and the Pro 2000 includes the audio auxiliary port and the dual 3″ speakers. After all, without blasting music or the motivational screams of a virtual trainer workouts become a chore and who wants that?
Once you have completed your workout session the machine even folds up for easy storage. Don’t worry though. Despite the foldable design, this treadmill will still securely and safely hold any user weighing up to 300lbs.
The warranty is decent as well, offering lifetime coverage on the frame and motor along with 5 years for parts and 2 years for labor.
What We Like:
- Display: The Smart Pro 2000’s 7″ HD touchscreen is large enough to read your stats like mileage, speed, calorie burn (estimated), heart rate, and time spent exercising. It also offers a window to hundreds of trainer-led videos from both the onboard options and your iFit subscription.
- Workout Programs: 50 workouts come built-in, in addition to the hundreds of available trainer led videos via the iFit app. The Smart Pro 2000 comes iFit enabled along with a one-year membership to get you started. Use Google Maps to run on terrains from around the world! Programs automatically sync with the incline and decline settings and speed up to match the resistance required in the programs or the outdoor landscape of your choosing.
- Track: The ProForm Smart Pro Treadmill series track is 60? long and 22? wide. Standard residential treadmills come in at 55″ long. The rear belt roller on the Smart Pro 2000 is 2.5? in diameter, which helps to reduce wear and tear on the track. The ProShox cushioning also helps to reduce impact on your joints.
- Incline/Decline: The incline and decline range – 3% to 15% – allows you to vary your workout resistance while working different lower muscle groups. The decline also helps outdoor runners by closely simulating the topography of actual locations through iFit.
- Motor: It’s built with a 3.5 CHP Mach Z commercial motor, making it powerful enough to be a running treadmill.
- Media-Friendly: The new Smart Pro 2000 display has 3? Bluetooth speakers for your smartphone or other compatible player.
- Foldable: The space saver and easy lift assist technology makes it easy to lift and push the deck into a vertical position out of the way.
- Warranty: ProForm offers a fairly good warranty package: a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, five years on parts, and two years on labor.
ProForm SMART Pro 2000 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||0-12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79" L x 39.15" W x 71.4" H|
- No Workout Fan: Fans are always good to keep you cool, even indoors.
- Customer Service: ProForm has been known to be a little slow on their customer service.
The ProForm Smart Pro 2000 is the entry level machine into the top tier series of treadmills by ProForm. The 2000 has built a good reputation over the years and the new upgrades keep it relevant. A good choice.