Imagine a machine that burns calories four times faster than a treadmill. Achieving weight loss and other fitness goals quickly is what makes high intensity interval training (HIIT) so appealing. Unfortunately, there’s a catch: high intensity exercise can be rough on the joints and even lead to injury.
ProForm has introduced a low-impact yet high performance HIIT Trainer. The ProForm Carbon HIIT H7 is a cross between a stair climber and an elliptical machine that exercises the whole body. Whether you train at a constant exertion level or take advantage of HIIT, this machine will help you reap a wide range of health benefits with surprising efficiency.
- Provides both cardio and strength training components
- Doesn’t take up lots of space
- 3-year iFit family membership
- 24 resistance settings
- Thousands of workouts led by certified trainers
- Small console display screen
- Heavy and difficult to assemble/move
- Warranty period has recently shortened
ProForm Carbon HIIT H7: Key Buying Points
The Carbon HIIT H7’s essential performance features include a smooth yet steep elliptical footpath, resistant handlebars for boxing-like motion, and 24 tension levels. Various non-essential features like interactive studio classes, outdoor workouts, iFit connectivity, and music speakers round out an impressive list of specs. When purchased through the ProForm website, the HIIT Trainer carries a 10-year warranty on the frame, two years on parts, and one year on labor.
Console and Training Programs
The Carbon HIIT H7 activates major muscle groups throughout the body. Even excluding resistance training, the machine promotes a much higher rate of calorie burn compared with a standard treadmill just by adding upper body movement. You get to enjoy professional-grade workout programming with thousands of interactive studio classes and outdoor workouts guided by certified trainers. Progress is shown on a 7-inch HD touchscreen display along with stats for speed, distance, time, and calories burned.
The Carbon HIIT H7 comes with a three-year iFit family membership when paired with your own tablet computer. A secure tablet ledge is built into the console. (Upgrade to the Pro HIIT H14 to use iFit on an integrated 10-inch touchscreen).
Twenty-four resistance settings using a 30-pound flywheel accommodate a wide range of ability levels. Preset programs control the resistance, and one-touch controls make it possible to adjust the tension during training.
ProForm’s Carbon HIIT H7 requires a bit less space than the average home cardio trainer. Dimensions are 29.25″ W x 52″ D x 66.7″ H.
- Oversized, Cushioned Pedals: Adding to its comfortable, low-impact motion, this machine has generously cushioned pedals. They’re also oversized, allowing users to reposition their feet to avoid discomfort.
- Audio Auxiliary Port with Dual, Two-Inch Bluetooth® Speakers: Music is an excellent complement to any workout, and the speakers make it easy to keep up with a specific tempo while boosting energy levels.
- Multigrip Handlebars: Handlebars on the ProForm HIIT Trainer move with resistance and provide a variety of grip positions to alter the training effects. Isolate muscles in your arms, back, shoulders, and core.
- Console Extras: Enjoy added comfort and convenience with a two-speed fan, a water bottle holder, and front-mounted transport wheels.
Warranty and Guarantee
The factory-direct deal includes a 10-year warranty on the frame, two years on parts, and one year on labor. ProForm also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The Carbon HIIT H7 is extremely efficient, comfortable to use, packed with programs, and competitively priced. At under $1,500, it’s a best buy in cardio training. Its closest competition is its big sibling, the Pro HIIT H14. While that upgrade has enticing electronics, it’s only a small step up in terms of performance. The truth is that any ProForm HIIT trainer offers impressive value and powerful workouts. You can’t really go wrong with this brand.
New for 2021
Technology is always advancing, and changing demands in the fitness industry keep manufacturers on their toes. Here are some recent changes ProForm has made to the Carbon HIIT H7 to keep up with the competition.
- This model previously offered 32 workout apps to guide users through high intensity interval training and more traditional workouts. Now, you can access thousands of interactive studio classes and outdoor workouts led by certified trainers.
- The 28-pound flywheel upgraded to 30 pounds. This allows for smoother, quieter operation.
- The warranty period has shortened. While ProForm used to cover their customers with a lifetime warranty on the frame and three years on parts, they now provide a 10-year frame and two-year parts warranty.