ProForm Carbon T10 Review
The Carbon T10 is the top-of-the-line model in ProForm’s new Carbon series. The series also features the slightly lower spec model—the Carbon T7—which you can now get effectively for free when you commit to an iFit subscription across three years, for a total of $1,403. The Carbon T10 has a 2.75 CHP motor as opposed to the 2.6 CHP in the Carbon T7, making it more suitable for running as well as jogging and walking. It’s an ideal treadmill for beginner or intermediate trainees who want to train at home with workout guidance and entertainment from iFit.
Consider that you effectively get a free treadmill in exchange for a three-year iFit membership. The iFit Family Membership is valued at $396 per year, and this $1,403 is all one has to pay to get a top-flight treadmill. If unfamiliar with the iFit exercise app and community, read our review of it here. The most unique element to this system is the automatic trainer control, where live fitness professionals can adjust the incline and speed of the machine while you participate in their workouts. In addition to live workouts with the user’s choice of trainers and styles, the iFit package also brings a virtual library of programming, data tracking, and community information. The Google Maps component allows runners to hit the trails of Earth, either solo or with a group for a completely immersive experience.
In addition to the 10-inch HD touchscreen, other highlights include ProForm’s comfortable Iso Flex™ Cushioning, a 12% incline, and an easily foldable frame. At just 74.62” long by 35.24” wide the Carbon T10 is a compact treadmill. Given this, it also has a shorter-than-standard running deck (20″ x 55″). Whether this is a pro or a con depends on what you are looking for. If space is your main concern, the T10 is a good option because of its small assembled and folded sizes. But this also means that the T10 won’t cut it for taller trainees as their stride will essentially be too long. Taller users won’t feel as comfortable training on the T10 as they would on say, a 22″ x 60″ track. The shorter track also illustrates how the T10 is better suited to light and moderate workouts. Where walking and jogging would be fine on a 20″ x 55″ track, consistent running strides may not feel as comfortable, whatever your height. It’s a not a machine for marathon trainers. Casual trainers may prefer this shorter track for its space-saving nature, however. Get the pros and cons of the ProForm Carbon T10 treadmill below.
What We Like:
- Motor: Although the 2.75 CHP motor isn’t powerful enough for marathon training, it’s long-lasting and quiet when in use for walking, jogging, and casual running routines.
- Incline: 12% incline allows you to add challenge to your routines and is especially beneficial when used in iFit workout programs.
- Cushioning: ProForm’s Iso Flex™ Cushioning quietens and softens the impact of your run.
- iFit: iFit gives you access to a huge library of live and on-demand workouts. The iFit trainers or Google Maps terrain you are exploring can automatically adjust your incline and speed during workouts. The purchase includes three years of the iFit Family Membership plan.
- Foldable: The T10’s SpaceSaver design makes it easy to fold and store to save space after use.
- Compact: At just 74.62” long by 35.24” wide, the Carbon T10 is a compact machine which will work in small home gym spaces.
- Screen: The T10 has a built-in 10” Smart HD touchscreen, so you don’t need to bring your own device for iFit training.
- Pulse Monitoring: The T10 features EKG Grip sensors and Bluetooth so you can connect your own wireless chest strap.
- Programs: After chatting with a ProForm representative, we found out that there are 20-30 preset workouts featured in the Carbon T10’s console. They said, however, that this is subject to change according to machine updates.
- Fan: Unlike the T7, the T10 has a cooling fan built in.
- Audio: The T10 features speakers and an audio auxiliary port so you can plug in your device and enjoy your top workout playlists.
- Warranty: The Carbon T10 comes with a good enough warranty on the frame (10 years) and parts (1 year).
ProForm Carbon T10 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 – 12%|
|Running Area:||20” x 55”|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||74.62" L x 35.24" W x 64.39" H|
- Price: Looking at the Carbon T7 (currently free with a 3-year iFit subscription) and other ProForm models such as the SMART Pro 2000 and SMART Pro 9000, the T10’s price doesn’t seem to add up. These SMART Pro models have higher motor powers, longer tread belts, and higher-quality components (like heavier-duty rollers) all for a cheaper price than the T10.
- Running Area: The Carbon T10 is a compact model, but means you have to make some sacrifices. In this case, the running area is also compact at just 20″ wide and 55″ long. This may be too short or uncomfortable for taller users.
- Labor Warranty: It’s becoming more common in the industry to over short labor warranties. Still, the T10’s one-year labor warranty is still a bit short for our liking.
- Storage: There isn’t a water bottle on the T10.
- Small Rollers: The T10 features 1.9” rollers. These are not as heavy-duty as the rollers on other ProForm treadmills.
If you’re looking for a treadmill for interactive training from a reputable brand, the Carbon T10 is a good contender. It will suit anyone who wants to walk, jog or run casually along to iFit videos for workout guidance, training and entertainment. Its compact, folding design means it can also suit most home gym spaces, and its deck cushioning allows you to protect your joints while exercising. We just are not sure about the price. The $1,899 price seems steep considering the motor power and components when compared to other models in the ProForm line. If you’re looking for a bit more motor power and heavier duty components at a cheaper price, opt for the SMART Pro 5000 or the SMART Pro 2000.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
ProForm Carbon T10 FAQs
How large is the ProForm Carbon T10 treadmill?
The ProForm Carbon T10 treadmill is 74.62” L x 35.24” W x 64.39” T.
What is the maximum weight capacity of the ProForm Carbon T10 treadmill?
The ProForm Carbon T10 treadmill can hold up to 300 pounds.
Does the Carbon T10 treadmill have iFit?
The ProForm Carbon T10 is iFit enabled and has a 1-year iFit membership included with purchase.
How is the ProForm Carbon T10's noise level?
In our experience, this is a relatively quiet treadmill. Noise level is gauged by each individual differently, but we've seen no complaints on that issue from customer reviews either.
How is ProForm's customer service?
ProForm's customer service department has received complaints from customers across many product lines. Objectively speaking though, the COVID-19 quarantine has impacted global supply chains in such a way that these complaints are not unique to them.
What is the ProForm Carbon T10's return policy?
ProForm offers a 30-day money back guarantee. This is a critical offering considering that the treadmill not only comes iFit-enabled, but purchase brings a three-year commitment to that package. If during the first 30 days one feels they don't like iFit and/or the treadmill, they do have the option for a full refund.