What We Like
- SpaceSaver design: All treadmills in the ProForm Performance series can be folded to save space.
- Motor: The Performance 600’s 2.5 CHP motor is good enough to support an hour or two of running every day. It supports a top speed of 12 mph.
- Track: The 55″ x 20″ track is cushioned for shock absorption and comfort. That’s the ideal length for many runners, but will be too short for some. With the touch of a button, the track can be inclined by up to 12%.
- Workout programs: The sixteen preset workouts offer excellent variety with routines focused on speed, endurance, weight loss, and calorie burn. Additionally, the machine is wired for iFit Live and a NikePlus.com fitness app. Using the treadmill and a wireless Internet connection, users can run along simulated Google Maps” trails or virtually train with Jillian Michaels.
- Heart monitor: Pulse sensors are included on the handlebars.
- Audio: The ProForm Performance 600 has an iPod-compatible audio port and an Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system.
- Fan: A workout fan is built into the console.
- Warranty package: Customers get a lifetime frame warranty, a 25-year motor warranty, two years of parts coverage, and a year of labor.
What We Don’t Like
As with most iFit-compatible treadmills, activating iFit costs extra. A person seeking a budget treadmill might not want to pay extra for an adapter and membership.
See more features of the ProForm Performance 600 in our video review!
The ProForm Performance 600 is recommended for not-so-tall walkers, joggers, and runners seeking a discount treadmill. You won’t get much more than the basics though, so more ambitious shoppers should consider a more advanced ProForm model such as the Performance 1450 or possibly even a treadmill from Sole.