This high quality treadmill is the least expensive member of ProForm’s new PRO lineup. The costlier models, which are the PRO 2500 and the PRO 4500, tack on full-color touch screens and can accommodate more weight.
What We Like
- Space-saving design: ProForm’s PRO treadmills can be folded vertically to free up floor space. Shock assist technology makes the process simple.
- Display: The PRO 2000’s 8″ display can easily be viewed from different heights. This makes it easy to choose among the 24 preset programs or use iFit Live.
- Program variety: The 24 built-in workouts can each be highly personalized. They focus on high intensity, speed, incline, and calorie-burning. Combined with a 15% incline, a 3% decline and speeds up to 12 mph, these workouts can suit almost any fitness level. Of course, many customers are most drawn to the iFit training options. With the iFit Internet connection, exercisers can access additional workouts, virtually exercise with a personal trainer, compete with Facebook friends, and even simulate running along Google Maps trails.
- Incline/decline: Incline options from -3% to 15% help simulate outdoor running conditions and challenge different muscles fibers. The slant automatically changes with workout programs, but it can also easily be changed with a convenient “One-Touch” button.
- iPod port: The Pro 2000 can play music from an iPod or other MP3 player. The treadmill’s 3.0 Intermix Acoustics speakers have impressive fidelity.
- Track: This unit’s two-ply track measures 60″ long x 22″ wide. It can accommodate all but the widest and tallest runners.
- Motor: This unit is powered by an impressive 3.25 CHP commercial motor. The motor is guaranteed for life and supports treadmill use by individuals weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Warranty: ProForm offers better-than-average consumer protection with a lifetime warranty on this unit’s frame and motor, five years on other parts, and two years of service.
More Review Features of the ProForm PRO 2000 Folding Treadmill on video!
What We Don’t Like
- Tread belt: The PRO 2000 is truly a well-made machine. Still, if pressed to find fault, one could point out that the belt is two-ply. While it will far outlast a single-ply belt, it will eventually need to be replaced. The tread belt is guaranteed for five years. A few very upper-end treadmills have four-ply belts that come with lifetime guarantees.
- Belt length: The 60″ track is a standard length for well-made treadmills. Still, it’s too short for the strides of very tall runners. A few treadmills, like Smooth’s EVO 1, feature 62″ tracks for very long-legged trainees.
ProForm’s PRO series is a hit! The ProForm PRO 2000 doesn’t have the fancy color touch-screen of other treadmills in the series, but it features exceptional program variety, a well-cushioned track, a powerful motor, and the distraction of your favorite tunes. This treadmill has made many customers happy and we give it 5 stars.
My friend recommended this model to me since I had no idea what to get. She was happy with it and I have to say I’m in love with it too. My favorite
My friend recommended this model to me since I had no idea what to get. She was happy with it and I have to say I’m in love with it too. My favorite part is that I can fold it away in the closet so I don’t have to worry about having a bulky machine in the corner of our home office. It stores away quite nicely. The custom workouts are really fun and are great if you want to mix up your workout routine.