The Pro 2000 treadmill is designed to keep workouts varied so you won’t stray from fitness plans. One highlight is the electronic incline/decline with settings from -3 to 15%… so instead of just training flat, you can also work your muscles with uphill and downhill training. Using the ramp at its top setting will double your calorie burn! The incline/decline is especially fun to use with an iFit Coach membership, as the treadmill can auto-adjust to mimic routes you set with Google Maps.
It’s easy to add your favorite soundtracks and apps to workout sessions; speakers are provided for your MP3 player, and there’s a secure display shelf for your tablet computer.
The new Pro 2000 console is loaded with 32 workout apps to guide you through efficient training. Additionally it’s ready for iFit Coach, a subscription service for all-in-one fitness management. You can dock your tablet computer on the console to use the iFit Coach app and access a new workout program anytime. iFit members can use a library of high-definition workout videos, create an infinite number of interactive Google Maps workouts, and get daily downloads of personalized treadmill workouts. Other benefits are included too, such as personalized diet advice and wireless logging of your daily steps.
The Pro 2000 is the entry-level model in the popular Pro Series. It’s a great match for most walkers and runners, especially if you don’t mind bringing your own tablet computer to access iFit and the web while you exercise. For similar treadmills with built-in HD touch-screens for workouts and the web, see the new Pro 5000 and Pro 9000.
What We Like:
- Foldable: Pro Series treadmills can be folded to free up floor space. Shock assist technology makes it easy to push the deck into a vertical position.
- Track: To fit just about anyone, Pro Series treadmills have roomy tracks. They’re 60″ long and 22″ wide. The rear belt roller on the Pro 2000 is 2.5″ in diameter, which is larger than what you get on lower-end treadmills. The roller helps reduce wear and tear on the track.
- Incline/Decline: Electronic incline options from -3% to 15% help simulate outdoor running conditions and let you challenge different muscle fibers.
- Motor: This unit is powered by an impressive 3.5 CHP commercial motor with lifetime warranty. It’s higher capacity than what we see on many other treadmills for $1,299.
- Workout Screen: The Pro 2000’s 7″ workout screen is backlit for easy reading. It isn’t the most advanced ProForm display, but all at once it shows your mileage, speed, calorie burn (estimated), heart rate, and time spent exercising. For a more engaging workout display you can use this treadmill with your own tablet computer running the iFit Coach app. (Membership sold separately.)
- Program Variety: The 32 built-in workouts include several iFit demos but are primarily traditional treadmill workout programs that focus on weight loss, high intensity training, speed goals and incline training. These programs adjust the treadmill track’s speed and angle to minimize your set-up time; just press a button and go! With the addition of an iFit subscription, the program variety becomes infinite: Get a new and pro-designed workout routine every day; virtually exercise with a celebrity personal trainer; or simulate exercise along any Google Maps trail as the Pro 2000 tilts to copy the topography. A big appeal of Google Maps workout downloads is the interactive Street View available for many routes.
- Media-Friendly: The new Pro 2000 console has 3″ speakers for your iPod or other compatible MP3 player. It also has a ledge for your tablet computer.
- Warranty: ProForm offers a better-than-average warranty on this product: a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, five years on parts, and two years of service.
ProForm PRO 2000 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||77.16" L x 39.15" W x 70 H|
- Customer Service: ProForm customer service is often described as slow to respond.
- Quality Control: A small but vocal percentage of ProForm customers receive imperfect machines. Although there’s a money-back guarantee, the customer may be responsible for expensive return shipping.
See Our Video Review of the ProForm PRO 2000 (2016 Model)
The Pro Series of home treadmills is a hit every year. The new Pro 2000 for 2017 shares many features with higher model numbers, and it’s the best option if you 1) don’t need extra horsepower and 2) don’t mind the lack of an integrated touchscreen and web browser. (You can always bring your own tablet computer.) The Pro 2000 treadmill has made many customers happy and we give it 5 of 5 stars.